Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

IAS lease deal

IAS lease deal

Old Oct 26th 2017, 2:36 am
Just Joined

LA LA LA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IAS lease deal

Seriously don’t trust IAS. I had negotiated an all-in monthly payment of $547, including all taxes and registration etc. I just received the lease forms after 3 months and the price has jumped to $639/month without any explanation. Ridiculous!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 3:21 am
Just Joined

UKtoCT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LA LA LA
Seriously don’t trust IAS. I had negotiated an all-in monthly payment of $547, including all taxes and registration etc. I just received the lease forms after 3 months and the price has jumped to $639/month without any explanation. Ridiculous!
What was the outcome? Did you get your deposit back?
Old Oct 26th 2017, 3:23 am
Just Joined

I’m still trying. It’s $1000 and we had a written agreement, so if worst comes to worst I think I could get it back via the legal route.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 3:26 am
Just Joined

I’m still trying. It’s $1000 and we had a written agreement, so if worst comes to worst I think I could get it back via the legal route.
Good luck with it hope it works out

I ask as I'm moving this weekend and I'm meant to be putting down a deposit today/tomorrow but hesitant with recent negativity on these forums.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 3:29 am
Just Joined

By all means, please tell them why you’re hesitant, maybe it’ll help resolve my case haha. If you don’t have to have a car on day 1 it might be best to work with a local dealer. Bear in mind local dealers will require a SSN before they start, which takes about 2-3 weeks to get, but you can’t sign an IAS leasing agreement without one either, so overall there’s little difference.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:45 am
Just Joined

By all means, please tell them why you’re hesitant, maybe it’ll help resolve my case haha. If you don’t have to have a car on day 1 it might be best to work with a local dealer. Bear in mind local dealers will require a SSN before they start, which takes about 2-3 weeks to get, but you can’t sign an IAS leasing agreement without one either, so overall there’s little difference.
got them to confirm that the deposit is refundable. how did you get on?
Old Oct 27th 2017, 10:49 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

It does sound like you had a particularly incompetent person dealing with you at IAS what with this and the registration /ID thing.

It is disheartening to hear about since I usually recommend IAS and Expatride as options to my clients. I will also show this thread to the mobility companies that hire me as they also recommend them.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

I am really sorry to hear that, it is exact opposite of our experience, all the cost we incurred they said they would refund us for they did without issue or delay (registration, car hire etc). They even paid for a 2nd hire car whilst we were waiting for our ones, once l released we couldn't manage with one, they didn't have to as the deal was done but they did.
LA hope you get it sorted.
OP from recent personal experience l would still recommend them.