Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I864 Wrong Version

I864 Wrong Version

Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

fuzz141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I864 Wrong Version

I'm hoping someone here can help. I have my interview at the Montreal Embassy this Friday (two days from now). My in-laws are my joint sponsor and filled out an I864 form. I went to the website yesterday and found that the version they filled out is wrong - they only accept Rv.01/15/06 now (which, comically enough, says right on it that it expires 9/30/06 - I digress) - all other versions will not be accepted. My in-laws filled out the form and had it signed by a Notary Public in July of 06 - they downloaded the latest form from USCIS, and now it's not accepted?! There is no way my in-laws could fill one out and have it sent to me by Friday (they're in California, we're in Ontario). Does anyone know if this older version will be accepted?

A couple of other things I've just noticed - it says, "Please answer all questions by typing or clearly printing in black ink only." It was filled out in blue, and instead of writing "N/A" or "none", they just put a line through whatever wasn't applicable - are either of these going to be an issue?

Thanks!
Dave - freaking out :-S
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 Wrong Version

Fedex delivers to Montreal in one day. If they d/l today and mail it before 8 p.m. tonight you will have it tomorrow. If they are unwilling to pay the international fedex charge, have them do the form and fax it to you signed. Take the signed old I-864 and the faxed new copy and pray it is accepted.

Originally Posted by fuzz141
I'm hoping someone here can help. I have my interview at the Montreal Embassy this Friday (two days from now). My in-laws are my joint sponsor and filled out an I864 form. I went to the website yesterday and found that the version they filled out is wrong - they only accept Rv.01/15/06 now (which, comically enough, says right on it that it expires 9/30/06 - I digress) - all other versions will not be accepted. My in-laws filled out the form and had it signed by a Notary Public in July of 06 - they downloaded the latest form from USCIS, and now it's not accepted?! There is no way my in-laws could fill one out and have it sent to me by Friday (they're in California, we're in Ontario). Does anyone know if this older version will be accepted?

A couple of other things I've just noticed - it says, "Please answer all questions by typing or clearly printing in black ink only." It was filled out in blue, and instead of writing "N/A" or "none", they just put a line through whatever wasn't applicable - are either of these going to be an issue?

Thanks!
Dave - freaking out :-S
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 Wrong Version

I dn't know if putting a line through questions will be a problem, but really if they don't apply, then either NA or none should have been written.

Either way, Fed-Ex, UPS, DLS...there's plenty of priority next day delivery people they could use, for a couple of documents, maybe about $20?