Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I134 question (tax returns?)

I134 question (tax returns?)

Old Sep 19th 2002, 3:39 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default I134 question (tax returns?)

Hi---
I'm new here, so please excuse the question if it's already been dealt with at great length recently. Any responses would be appreciated.

Not ready to file the 129F quite yet, but was looking through the forms (I had these sent to me in the mail last week via the INS site) and I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the initial affadavit of support required copies of tax returns although the form seems to indicate that this is only necessary if you are self-employed. Am I confusing the 134 with the 185 (that's the one you do after you're married, right?) My head is swimming with all the numbers, so if I'm incorrect with my referents, please be gentle with me!

Another more general question is if the downloadable forms off the puter are the way to go, or the ones that come in the mail? I understand that the ones off the INS site that are downloadable are the most recent versions, is that correct? And is there an advantage to using either set, other than the ease of being able to fill them in on the computer? Do the agents prefer typed forms to handwritten? (Grasping at straws for anything that might speed the process with Nebraska once I've filed---pathetic, huh?)

Thanks in advance to all who take the time to respond.
SecretGarden