British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I130 Process & G325A (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i130-process-g325a-111719/)

nat Sep 23rd 2002 1:26 pm

I130 Process & G325A

My husband and I are just starting the I130 process in order to then obtain the K3. He is a USC whilst I am not and currently reside in Europe with my son. From what research I have done, it appears to be best for my husband to file an I130 for myself and one for my son (though I know it is not compulsory for my son at this stage).

The I130 does not appear to be very clear of what exactly needs to go with it by way of supporting documentation and I want to make sure that we don't forget to submit whatever is necessary.

My questions are basically:-

1. A summary of what supporting documentation is needed to accompany the I130 together with whatever other INS documents needed (I know of the G325A for petitioner and applicant).

2. With regard to the G325A - seeing as we are completing two separate I130 forms one of these G325A forms will be needed for each of us. Therefore, for my minor child (9) do I sign on his behalf or does he have to sign it himself?

3. Also, does anyone have any experience or knowledge in the time it will take for us to be able to reside in the US?

Thanks in anticipation.

Folinskyinla Sep 23rd 2002 4:40 pm

Re: I130 Process & G325A

Originally posted by nat:
My husband and I are just starting the I130 process in order to then obtain the K3. He is a USC whilst I am not and currently reside in Europe with my son. From what research I have done, it appears to be best for my husband to file an I130 for myself and one for my son (though I know it is not compulsory for my son at this stage).

The I130 does not appear to be very clear of what exactly needs to go with it by way of supporting documentation and I want to make sure that we don't forget to submit whatever is necessary.

My questions are basically:-

1. A summary of what supporting documentation is needed to accompany the I130 together with whatever other INS documents needed (I know of the G325A for petitioner and applicant).

2. With regard to the G325A - seeing as we are completing two separate I130 forms one of these G325A forms will be needed for each of us. Therefore, for my minor child (9) do I sign on his behalf or does he have to sign it himself?

3. Also, does anyone have any experience or knowledge in the time it will take for us to be able to reside in the US?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi:

I'm an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles.

The G-325A question for your son is easy -- you do NOT have to file it. You DO have to file it for YOUR I-130. Make sure each I-130 filing is disclosed on the other I-130 in the appropriate box.

For an I-130, you have to show that your are legally married, which includes dissolution of all prior marriage s by legal process or death. Your son's I-130 will need the same information as yours PLUS his birth certificate showing you are his mother. If YOUR name on HIS birth certificate is different from the one you have now, be prepared to document the reason why.

nat Sep 23rd 2002 5:25 pm

Thanks, now I see the footnote/checklist on the I130 information which comes with the downloadable form when filing for husband/wife.

I am wondering now if I need to submit a photograph with my son's I130 application? This seems to be only needed for I130 applications for spouses.

Does anyone know of a step-by-step or idiot's guide/url to these processes?

nat Oct 6th 2002 5:20 pm

Does anyone know if a G325 is needed then for my son with the I129F. A separate I130 has been filed for him, however, do we only need now to file one I129F.

Also, does INS send back documents for the smallest of errors or omissions. I asked my husband for a copy of the stuff he sent in and there are some errorrs and I am wondering if these will be returned. Examples are, only the year of his previous wife's birthday (not full birthdate), no address for my present employers provided only the name. Today then I also noticed he hadn't dated the form so I am thinking this stuff is going to be returned, and though I pointed out all the discrepancies prior to mailing so he could fix them he didn't fix all of them obviously and says that I am nickpicking. Am I?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mrs_blackross Oct 6th 2002 6:54 pm

G325A is not needed for your son if he is under age 14, and he would not be
fingerprinted either.

as for the errors, his ex wife's birthdate *probably* isnt a problem, most
likely neither is the employers address. Him not dating the form may be an
issue but INS is not consistent--sometimes they return forms for leaving a
blank, sometimes they approve them. your best bet is to wait and see if
they send it back, since additional information will probably NOT make it to
your file anyways.

"nat" wrote in message
news:435030.1033924801@britishexpats-
.com
    > Does anyone know if a G325 is needed then for my son with the I129F. A
    > separate I130 has been filed for him, however, do we only need now to
    > file one I129F.
    > Also, does INS send back documents for the smallest of errors or
    > omissions. I asked my husband for a copy of the stuff he sent in and
    > there are some errorrs and I am wondering if these will be returned.
    > Examples are, only the year of his previous wife's birthday (not full
    > birthdate), no address for my present employers provided only the name.
    > Today then I also noticed he hadn't dated the form so I am thinking this
    > stuff is going to be returned, and though I pointed out all the
    > discrepancies prior to mailing so he could fix them he didn't fix all of
    > them obviously and says that I am nickpicking. Am I?
    > Thanks in anticipation.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com