Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I wonder if they'd buy it!

I wonder if they'd buy it!

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:24 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Wink I wonder if they'd buy it!

An in the door mailbox!

I saw in another thread some joking around about them... but I'd like one and would probably pay someone to put one in if I didn't want to replce my front door!

I like to imagine new things... like my idea for a ball tip eyeliner! And clear ice lollies (flavour added but not the artificial colour)

Here's what I was thinking...

An ex-pat has green card etc, but can't find work. So, he gets to thinking what he can do to bring home the bacon.

He calls a few mates from back home nad has them mail him some letter boxes (or buys them online or whatever)

Then he goes to a mall or something and shows a demo model of a door with one in! (maybe a trade show)

A picture ad in a local paper (preferably a local afluent comunity) not forgetting to mention all the great aspects of not going out in inclement weather etc. Then see's if he gets any calls.

Brits are really quite handy at most things... we don't like to pay high prices for home repairs and will take on almost anything rather than shed out some dosh to someone else.

There's a few here that cold use a nice little earner.... any ideas?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

No, because then the lazy paperboys/girls would have to get off their bikes to post the newspaper through it. Its just un American! dont you remember the old game on the spectrum 48k!?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:30 pm

Originally posted by Pimpbot
No, because then the lazy paperboys/girls would have to get off their bikes to post the newspaper through it. Its just un American! dont you remember the old game on the spectrum 48k!?
I was thinking general mail!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:32 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Remember it well Pimp.

Also we don't have paperboys here, its usually some old geezer driving around in a beaten up Dodge caravan hurtling the papers out the window at 5.00 in the morning.

Nice idea though Brig.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:33 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I was thinking general mail!
same thing with the postman, aint never seen him get out of his right hand drive van once.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:56 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

The mail doesn't even get delivered if he can't get the van right up next to the box.... which happened to me yesterday thanks to some inconsiderate parking by a builder .
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
The mail doesn't even get delivered if he can't get the van right up next to the box.... which happened to me yesterday thanks to some inconsiderate parking by a builder .
That's terrible!! Surely it wouldn't hurt him to get out his little van for 2 seconds! I worked for Royal MAil in England for 7 years and that would be a sackable offence back home! They have it too easy here with the mail!

Nicola

Timeline TSC
NOA1 January 15th 2003
NOA2 June 19th 2003 (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd 2003
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd 2003 (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th 2003
Returned IV-15 July 21st 2003 (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Interview date received July 25th 2003
Interview date September 2nd 2003
Got the Visa!!!
Moved to the USA September 5th 2003

Got married November 1st

Adjustment of Status - Atlanta
Applied for SSN in married name November 21st 2003
AOS & EAD sent November 22nd 2003
Received at Atlanta office November 25th 2003 (UPS online)
SSN arrived November 28th 2003
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice to have mail on the mat again....but the others are right the mail men will not deliver if they can't reach the mailbox from their little fisher price vans.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:19 pm

Blimey!

My mailman brings it to the mailbox next to my front door! (he leaves his van thingy at them end of the street and does a loop of all the houses.

He even rings the bell when it is raining too!

Any other ideas come to mind?

I'd love it if we helped someone out!