Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I wonder.... How many Brits...

I wonder.... How many Brits...

Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default I wonder.... How many Brits...

.. are there living in America do you think?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:47 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I'd like to know how many there are in Connecticut too!

One of the blokes will be along to tell us any minute now I bet.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I wonder.... How many Brits...

Originally posted by whatever
Based on this board, I count three in the Phoenix area.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

6 in Michigan that I know of.

so 2 states down and we're at 10.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:57 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you must be referring to those who are legally resident in the US. There are plenty of Brits living in the US illegally. I know of one personally (don't actually know her exact whereabouts but I know she illegal).

I recall this question was asked quite recently, probably on this very forum. The answer probably is somewhere in that thread. This question came up maybe up to three months ago...

Personally, I know of at least 40 Brits living in NC (not met all of them personally but have met at least 30 of them).
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:58 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't someone do this a while back for their homework and we found some statics (based on immigration) and it was a few.

I personally know about 20 in South East NC and know of about another 30 so there is a few here. That doesn't include the Triad where there are quite a few indeed.

We are all over the bloody place, and you still cant get a decent cup of tea

Patrick
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:00 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Didn't someone do this a while back for their homework and we found some statics (based on immigration) and it was a few.

I personally know about 20 in South East NC and know of about another 30 so there is a few here. That doesn't include the Triad where there are quite a few indeed.

We are all over the bloody place, and you still cant get a decent cup of tea

Patrick
Hey! You can get a decent cup of tea in my home (and you have a choice of teapots too!).

Patrick's right though. Americans can't make a cup of tea. The so-called British pub in Cary failed to serve boiling hot water in the pot for tea. Not surprisingly (in my opinion), the pub closed (at the end of last year).
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Hey! You can get a decent cup of tea in my home (and you have a choice of teapots too!).

Patrick's right though. Americans can't make a cup of tea. The so-called British pub in Cary failed to serve boiling hot water in the pot for tea. Not surprisingly (in my opinion), the pub closed (at the end of last year).
Thats true. My American mother in law was caught putting an ice cube in her tea by one of my friends. She just got a shake of the head. lol
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:29 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in an English tea shop in Sarasota and a lady came in to buy some tea (apparently she had an English friend coming over) she finally picked PG tips up. I said to her, you may need milk and sugar when your guest arrives. "oh no", she said "you Brits put milk in your tea?"
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:34 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

It's true! They have no idea how to make a decent cuppa here in the States, (probably why it's not so popular).

I get in Earl Grey for myself and Hubby loves his (British blend) Tetley, both available in the local Giant.
He also prefers it when I make the brews but I'm not sure if that's just cos I make it better or whether it's a male laziness thing?!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick

Patrick
Sorry for repeating a question guys.... I did just take a look through search but I must be missing it.. oh well... hey ho. If anyone does happen across it I'd love to know
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

There are no Brits living in the US, Brits don't like the US. Most Brits would rather poke a thousand needles in their eye than move to the US. All the posters on these boards are actually Mexicans posing as Brits.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hola!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:51 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like we've been rumbled amigo!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kazzuk
Looks like we've been rumbled amigo!

Así es. We've come to take back the Louisiana Purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.