Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I want a cleaner..

I want a cleaner..

Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:16 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want a cleaner..

I want a cleaner now!
and a cook
and a personal manicurist/pedacurist/waxer/hairdresser

<sigh> it's SO UNFAIR

Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:19 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
I want a cleaner now!
and a cook
and a personal manicurist/pedacurist/waxer/hairdresser

<sigh> it's SO UNFAIR

I often think it would have been good to marry a hairdresser, I can cook and clean but that would save me a fortune
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:20 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I often think it would have been good to marry a hairdresser, I can cook and clean but that would save me a fortune
yes, and you can share makeup and pretty dresses
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Its only 10.15 - i'll be off to brush my toofy-pegs soon
LOL, Oh I see we are an hour in front of you
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:24 am
Just Joined

ktdyd has a spectacular aura aboutktdyd has a spectacular aura aboutktdyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by woodsey
I don't work, I have 2 kids and a big house.
I mentioned this to a friend yesterday (english) and she looked at me like I was the laziest person on the planet. She has five kids under 10 and could not justify a cleaner as she is a stay at home mum Five kids and I'd have a live in nanny.
Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms or is it o.k?
Where I'm from only rich, posh people have them so in the back of my mind it doesn't feel right but I bloody hate cleaning, I've got better things to do with my time..can't think what they are, but I have.
I don't know many people who actually enjoy housework, though I'm sure there are a few crazy people that do.... but it IS a necessity for civilised people. Just out of curiosity.... if I can be so bold as to ask as a newbie... If you don't work and hire someone to take care of the house, then what do you do with your time?

I only ask out of jealousy really. I'm hardly ever home these days. I have two kids that are like walking cyclones, I work, was in graduate school as well... but had to drop out a couple weeks ago for medical reasons,... traded that for daily treatments and diagnostic testing... AND I have to deal with the moron (thats a full time job in itself). I don't think I'd like the idea of someone else going through my things and folding my underwear. I think I'd be the type to clean the house before the maid came to clean the house. But sitting here looking around the house at the contents of two toy boxes spread from one end of the house to the other, the dinner dishes still sitting on the counter, clutter everywhere, laundry unfolded and suitcases half packed .... the more I think its a great idea. You may have talked me into it. I'll make him get a weekend job so I can afford it.... but then again,... I only have 2 bathrooms, so maybe not. LOL!!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktdyd
I . I think I'd be the type to clean the house before the maid came to clean the house.
And thats exactly what happens ... Some people are ashamed to let them see they live in filth so they clean the house ..before the cleaner gets there ...
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:45 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

what ever happened to these super cleaning robots i saw on tomorrows world? they made out we would have one for every houshold chore by 1988! do you think i could sue them for giving out false information? lol!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:49 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
what ever happened to these super cleaning robots i saw on tomorrows world? they made out we would have one for every houshold chore by 1988! do you think i could sue them for giving out false information? lol!
I know someone who has a roomba vaccuum they look pretty good
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

I mentioned this to a friend yesterday (english) and she looked at me like I was the laziest person on the planet. She has five kids under 10 and could not justify a cleaner as she is a stay at home mum Five kids and I'd have a live in nanny.
Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms or is it o.k?
Where I'm from only rich, posh people have them so in the back of my mind it doesn't feel right but I bloody hate cleaning, I've got better things to do with my time..can't think what they are, but I have.
I'm just looking at this too and i've found a girl at work (she cleans in the hospital) she's scottish and she works like a navvy?sp she's coming every two weeks just to through the house thoroughly, my justification(if i needed one) is i came here to have a better life(not sure we'll ever get that in some ways but the hose is much bigger), see some of the country(can't do that if i'm cleaning) i now spend more time running my kids around in their increasingly scheduled life and most of all i hate cleaning.
If it will improve your life and you can afford it do it I say
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktdyd
I don't know many people who actually enjoy housework, though I'm sure there are a few crazy people that do.... but it IS a necessity for civilised people. Just out of curiosity.... if I can be so bold as to ask as a newbie... If you don't work and hire someone to take care of the house, then what do you do with your time?

I only ask out of jealousy really. I'm hardly ever home these days. I have two kids that are like walking cyclones, I work, was in graduate school as well... but had to drop out a couple weeks ago for medical reasons,... traded that for daily treatments and diagnostic testing... AND I have to deal with the moron (thats a full time job in itself). I don't think I'd like the idea of someone else going through my things and folding my underwear. I think I'd be the type to clean the house before the maid came to clean the house. But sitting here looking around the house at the contents of two toy boxes spread from one end of the house to the other, the dinner dishes still sitting on the counter, clutter everywhere, laundry unfolded and suitcases half packed .... the more I think its a great idea. You may have talked me into it. I'll make him get a weekend job so I can afford it.... but then again,... I only have 2 bathrooms, so maybe not. LOL!!
The strange thing is I actually have no idea what I do with my time and thats the issue. On paper I should have plenty of time to do the things that need doing but the reality is much different. I am the kind of person though that has to do something properly so when the bathroom needs doing, it takes me an hour, so when I have 3 to do, in between taking 2 kids to 2 different schools in the morning, picking one up at lunchtime, having lunch, entertaining youngest for an hour, picking up other kid at 2.30, going to grocery store, preparing dinner etc etc thats all the free time I have gone..
Obviously I don't clean the bathrooms every day, although my daughters needs fumigating on a daily basis, LOL, the other jobs that need doing such as mopping the kitchen/family room floor take just as long to be done properly so if I did it all as often as I should do it, I'd never leave the flaming house, hence my need for a cleaner.
And yes when you have a cleaner you also keep the house tidier, when I had one back in England when I was still working, I was that person that used to clean up before the cleaner came..she was my mums best friend though, so I didn't want her to tell my mum the kind of pig stye I lived in..
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:50 am

[QUOTE=woodsey]The strange thing is I actually have no idea what I do with my time QUOTE]

I have no kids, no animals, no job, no social life, currently no OH and 3 less than sparkling bathrooms I only venture in to kill the silverfish. I blame BE
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I have no kids, no animals, no job, no social life, currently no OH and 3 less than sparkling bathrooms I only venture in to kill the silverfish. I blame BE

Aaah the good old silverfish. Ours have taken our 3rd bathroom for themselves. Im thinking of starting a silverfish farm.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

nahhh get the cleaner life's too short.....there's only the two of us and mine comes one day a week and she's the best
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

And what are Eskimo's thoughts on this?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Aaah the good old silverfish. Ours have taken our 3rd bathroom for themselves. Im thinking of starting a silverfish farm.
Yuk :scared: Because I've never seen them while here I just presumed those horrid thing's were not over here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.