Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I want a cleaner..

I want a cleaner..

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:42 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want a cleaner..

Originally Posted by woodsey
I don't work, I have 2 kids and a big house.
I mentioned this to a friend yesterday (english) and she looked at me like I was the laziest person on the planet. She has five kids under 10 and could not justify a cleaner as she is a stay at home mum Five kids and I'd have a live in nanny.
Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms or is it o.k?
Where I'm from only rich, posh people have them so in the back of my mind it doesn't feel right but I bloody hate cleaning, I've got better things to do with my time..can't think what they are, but I have.
I don't get some women. I have made the offer to my poor overworked wife that I would be happy to pay for some deprived 19 yr old Spanish or Sweedish au pair to help her out...but she keeps refusing.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:50 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I don't get some women. I have made the offer to my poor overworked wife that I would be happy to pay for some deprived 19 yr old Spanish or Sweedish au pair to help her out...but she keeps refusing.
What a very nice offer to your wife. If you get one with big breasts, she can dust the candle sticks at the same time as she does the mirror, it will save you money tell her
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:53 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Some women can't bear to have another woman in the house rearranging things or even messing with them at all.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:02 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Some women can't bear to have another woman in the house rearranging things or even messing with them at all.
I'm not sure its the house rearranging she would be worried about.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: I want a cleaner..

Ha ha ha!

You've just reminded me of something. My Brummie friend Elaine in Singapore had a live-in housemaid from the Philippines. She was in her twenties and quite attractive. Elaine was 40 and trying to keep her looks and figure. Elaine's husband was in his mid-forties and had obviously had too many business lunches and dinners - he could be described as 'portly' and not the sort of chap most women would fancy (his wife excepted of course).

Anyway, Elaine was telling me that she was getting very worried and nervous with her maid's behaviour. She thought that her maid had some sort of crush on her husband (I did my best not to snigger) and asked me to go round to her apartment to observe what happened every time her husband arrived home from work.

It was astonishing....Perly (Perlita) rushed to the door to welcome 'sir' and take off his shoes. She would already have a cold beer poured out for him, ask him about his day and plump up the cushions on the sofa. She totally ignored Elaine whilst she was doing this and then when dinner was served she only paid attention to 'sir' and not the rest of the family. Poor Elaine was mortified but far too polite to put the maid in her place. The husband was highly amused (and flattered no doubt).

It was quite clear that the maid had an agenda as she knew that 'sir' was a highly paid company director and his wealth would have taken her and her family back home out of their life of drudgery and poverty.....it wasn't entirely unknown for expat marriages in the Far East to break down and the wife being replaced by a local Asian beauty half the age of the Western male - on the floor below mine in our condo the husband's wife and daughter returned to the USA and the maid stayed on as his employee.....it was fairly obvious why.

Me.....I only employed ugly housemaids LOL! I'd love to have one here but the current wage for a full-time live in maid in Singapore (6 day week) is up to S$450 per MONTH (US $278) for a very experienced one (S$320-350 per month for Indonesian maids) whereas here the Filipinas charge US$ 80 for just three hours of cleaning.....
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Englishmum]Ha ha ha!

It was astonishing....Perly (Perlita) rushed to the door to welcome 'sir' and take off his shoes. She would already have a cold beer poured out for him, ask him about his day and plump up the cushions on the sofa. She totally ignored Elaine whilst she was doing this and then when dinner was served she only paid attention to 'sir' and not the rest of the family. Poor Elaine was mortified but far too polite to put the maid in her place. The husband was highly amused (and flattered no doubt).

I'd have thrown her out with trash long ago. ]
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:15 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I'd have thrown her out with trash long ago. ]
maybe if they were paid more they wouldn't have to resort to stealing husbands..
Old Mar 4th 2006, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

GlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to all

she has to have big tits, long hair, under 25 and he'll be fine with it..
If that's the case, I can heartily recommend our cleaners. Only caveat is you may wish to learn to say 'get your hands off my passport' in a variety of Eastern European languages.

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
I'm just looking at this too and i've found a girl at work (she cleans in the hospital) she's scottish and she works like a navvy?
Bloody GlasgowGirl told me she was doing Marketing in Newport Beach.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GlasgowBoy
If that's the case, I can heartily recommend our cleaners. Only caveat is you may wish to learn to say 'get your hands off my passport' in a variety of Eastern European languages.

Bloody GlasgowGirl told me she was doing Marketing in Newport Beach.
alright mate, nice to see you on here.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

GlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to all

alright mate, nice to see you on here.
Cheers - it was great to meet you all the other night.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GlasgowBoy
Cheers - it was great to meet you all the other night.
shouldn't you be in a TV dectector van eating donuts ?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eskimo
shouldn't you be in a TV dectector van eating donuts ?
That's tomorrow. The lovies will have to fend for themselves if anyone wants to blow them up before then