Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I PASSED!!!!!

I PASSED!!!!!

Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I PASSED!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mallory
Congrats Sophia (we knew you would pass that fingerprint screening)!!!
....wasn't that the strangest thing?!,I never heard anything else about that!,but I did mention it to the interview woman yesterday,and she said she has the same problem with her own fingerprints!....still,it all worked out okay after all....which is amazing...for anything involving me!!!!....Thank you all!!!!!......Sophia
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi heartiest Congratulations, Sophia. Well done!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:32 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
I passed!,I passed!,I passed!!......my Citizenship Test,yesterday afternoon,in Chicago....I was in there for ages,because of the VERY different way I was brought into the country.....I had no paperwork,my British passport had expired,we hadn't been to the US Embassy in London to get things sorted out at the time.....it was a real mess!!!,then when I did finally get well,and strong, enough,we went to the San Fransisco offices,to get everything sorted out,and get my Green Card,they messed everything up...and I didn't actually get my Green Card until we went to the offices in Chicago,and I got my card in 1990,more than two years later!....still,the interviewer,yesterday,was SO nice,she listened while I explained what had happened,and she went to talk to her boss and told him what was going on with me,and came back and said that they would make sure everything was sorted out by the time I take my Oath,hopefully by November,but if not it will be in January,at the latest.....and in Peoria!!!!!......Sophia:thumbs up:
Well done old girl I suggest you get on the blower
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

....wasn't that the strangest thing?!,I never heard anything else about that!,but I did mention it to the interview woman yesterday,and she said she has the same problem with her own fingerprints!....still,it all worked out okay after all....which is amazing...for anything involving me!!!!....Thank you all!!!!!......Sophia
Congratulations Sophia. I hope your oath and ceremony are meaningful, wonderful experiences.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Congratulations Sophia. I hope your oath and ceremony are meaningful, wonderful experiences.
well done.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I passed!,I passed!,I passed!!......my Citizenship Test,
Well done, congrats. Almost there.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:38 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Heh... apparently my fingerprints were rather similar to the prints from a man from the Middle East... thank goodness mine were done in early 2000!!!

Why so long before your swearing-in?

Many congrats though!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Heh... apparently my fingerprints were rather similar to the prints from a man from the Middle East... thank goodness mine were done in early 2000!!!

Many congrats though!
It's so long because I entered the country on a 'humanitarian' as pretty much an emergency,through the Air Force,my Brit. passport had expired,and, although my husband was in the AF,we hadn't been up to the US Embassy in London to sort my paperwork sorted out at the time.....everything was such a mess!....then,when I was well enough,and strong enough,we were living on an AFB near San Fransisco,so I had to go there to get my Green Card sorted out,and before I recieved the Green Card,we got out of the AF and moved to Illinois,I sent a letter to the office in SF explaining,and they sent it back along with a form....but I never did recieve my Green Card...until I called Chicago,and discovered there had been a problem with my fingerprints,so I got them done again,and got my card...eventually!,however,I found out last tuesday at my interview,that SF had never forwarded my paperwork to the Chicago office....so....the woman who did my interview is going to get it all sorted out,hopefully by November,but definately by January....also the time between the interview and the Oath Ceremony depends on how many people will be taking the Oath at the same time,there has to be at least 50,at the same time.........as I know I've said before....nothing I'm involved with is EVER simple!!!!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 2:32 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I passed!,I passed!,I passed!!......my Citizenship Test,yesterday afternoon,in Chicago....I was in there for ages,because of the VERY different way I was brought into the country.....I had no paperwork,my British passport had expired,we hadn't been to the US Embassy in London to get things sorted out at the time.....it was a real mess!!!,then when I did finally get well,and strong, enough,we went to the San Fransisco offices,to get everything sorted out,and get my Green Card,they messed everything up...and I didn't actually get my Green Card until we went to the offices in Chicago,and I got my card in 1990,more than two years later!....still,the interviewer,yesterday,was SO nice,she listened while I explained what had happened,and she went to talk to her boss and told him what was going on with me,and came back and said that they would make sure everything was sorted out by the time I take my Oath,hopefully by November,but if not it will be in January,at the latest.....and in Peoria!!!!!......Sophia:thumbs up:

Congratulations Sophia ..
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Many congrats though!
I dated an Essex girl once (Chingford), I'm from Middlesex so it never worked out.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:31 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
I dated an Essex girl once (Chingford), I'm from Middlesex so it never worked out.
too much sex for you?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
too much sex for you?
Very much so, and I was very much a newbie at the time.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Nefertiti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sophia,

I am taking my test tomorrow!!!! Do you have any helpful hints??? I was told that I will get 10 verbal questions, what did you get?

Best,

Nefertiti
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nefertiti
Hi Sophia,

I am taking my test tomorrow!!!! Do you have any helpful hints??? I was told that I will get 10 verbal questions, what did you get?

Best,

Nefertiti
Good Luck with your test.
When I did mine last May I think he only asked me about 5 questions . And that was it.

Take care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.