Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I PASSED!!!!!

I PASSED!!!!!

Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default I PASSED!!!!!

I passed!,I passed!,I passed!!......my Citizenship Test,yesterday afternoon,in Chicago....I was in there for ages,because of the VERY different way I was brought into the country.....I had no paperwork,my British passport had expired,we hadn't been to the US Embassy in London to get things sorted out at the time.....it was a real mess!!!,then when I did finally get well,and strong, enough,we went to the San Fransisco offices,to get everything sorted out,and get my Green Card,they messed everything up...and I didn't actually get my Green Card until we went to the offices in Chicago,and I got my card in 1990,more than two years later!....still,the interviewer,yesterday,was SO nice,she listened while I explained what had happened,and she went to talk to her boss and told him what was going on with me,and came back and said that they would make sure everything was sorted out by the time I take my Oath,hopefully by November,but if not it will be in January,at the latest.....and in Peoria!!!!!......Sophia:thumbs up:
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I PASSED!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sophia_S View Post
I passed!,I passed!,I passed!!......my Citizenship Test,yesterday afternoon,in Chicago....:
Congrats Sophia... you have nearly finished with them for good
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:52 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Can you see that light at the end of the tunnel?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Congrats Sophia... you have nearly finished with them for good
Thanks Ray!...I knew there would be a few problems when I did apply for my Citizenship,just because of the way I entered the country in the first place,but it was actually a lot smother than I'd been expecting....Thank Goodness!

Yes, ABY,that light is shining brightly!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:52 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sophia!
I knew it was this week, but wasn't sure of the day.......
Glad to hear it all went well for you.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

if you're happy then that's great......many congratulations and now you can vote
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

I passed!,I passed!,I passed!!......my Citizenship Test,yesterday afternoon,in Chicago....I was in there for ages,because of the VERY different way I was brought into the country.....I had no paperwork,my British passport had expired,we hadn't been to the US Embassy in London to get things sorted out at the time.....it was a real mess!!!,then when I did finally get well,and strong, enough,we went to the San Fransisco offices,to get everything sorted out,and get my Green Card,they messed everything up...and I didn't actually get my Green Card until we went to the offices in Chicago,and I got my card in 1990,more than two years later!....still,the interviewer,yesterday,was SO nice,she listened while I explained what had happened,and she went to talk to her boss and told him what was going on with me,and came back and said that they would make sure everything was sorted out by the time I take my Oath,hopefully by November,but if not it will be in January,at the latest.....and in Peoria!!!!!......Sophia:thumbs up:
Congratulations ! Hope it is not long til' your ceremony.
Are you for sure cleared through the Name Check Thingy? ( hope so!)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by farmerwife View Post
Congratulations ! Hope it is not long til' your ceremony.
Are you for sure cleared through the Name Check Thingy? ( hope so!)
Yes,the interviewer had the FBI name check paper on her desk,while she went out of the room to talk to her boss,that's when I noticed it had my name on it,and I could see it was from the FBI and it said I had 'no record',of course,I already knew that!...and so at the end of the interview,I asked if everything was ok,and had I passed,and she said 'YES!',but I won't be a complete Citizen until I have had my Oath Ceremony,and she said she'd do everything she can to get everything sorted out so that I can do that in November,and that all depends on whether the office in San Fransisco can find the paperwork,but either way,my Oath Ceremony will be in January at the very latest!....Sophia
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:04 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:07 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for you especially as it wasn't a clear road for you it seems getting there! So congratulations
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

nice one, congrats
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done...congratulations.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.. Lets hope the Oath Ceremony is not that far away.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:39 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, you can go Champaign, Urbana (champoo banana) to celebrate.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:09 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sophia (we knew you would pass that fingerprint screening)!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.