Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I need a wise crack one liner. Suggestions welcome.

I need a wise crack one liner. Suggestions welcome.

Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:41 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need a wise crack one liner. Suggestions welcome.

I have a group of good humoured American friends here in Baltimore. Just for the crack they sometimes (referring to WW2) say "If it wasn't for us you would be speaking German right now". To which I reply with "what language do you speak, wow you really won that argument".

I have had "you know what you can do with your queen don't you". To which I reply "Yeah... put her in as Quarterback for the Ravens then you might actually win something".

But they always get me on the "we kicked your asses out of here". To this I am yet to come up with a top notch wise crack to stick them with.

Anybody got a good one liner for that?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a wise crack one liner. Suggestions welcome.

We're baaaaaaack!
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any good wording for you, but wasn't it actually the French navy that did in Cornwallis at Yorktown?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
But they always get me on the "we kicked your asses out of here". To this I am yet to come up with a top notch wise crack to stick them with.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:50 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I don't have any good wording for you, but wasn't it actually the French navy that did in Cornwallis at Yorktown?

Regards, JEff
You might be on to something there. They are always honking on about the French. If I can get them on that it might be a good one. They seem to hate the French yet all have ambitions to see Paris one day.

Addition:
Bollocks. Just googled it. At no time did any French army appear to have defeated a US army. I thought there would be something from the Louisiana Frontier days but nothing came up. I am trying really hard to stay away from the "getting beat by a third world country" in case there are any Vietnam vets in close proximity.

Last edited by Rodney you plonker; Nov 13th 2012 at 3:56 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

How about, "Listen, if you ever get serious about your deficit, we'll gladly burn the White House down again for you so you can claim the insurance."?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:59 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Originally Posted by rpjs
How about, "Listen, if you ever get serious about your deficit, we'll gladly burn the White House down again for you so you can claim the insurance."?
I am liking that one.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

This one might not work, as the UK and the US are in a virtual deficit tie at 190 and 191 in rank by country, respectively.
http://www.photius.com/rankings/econ...it_2012_0.html

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by rpjs
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks. Just googled it. At no time did any French army appear to have defeated a US army.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yvictories.htm
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:15 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never really understood that joke about French Military Victories. Seems to me the French have a pretty good average over the centuries, compared to other countries..?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I've never really understood that joke about French Military Victories. Seems to me the French have a pretty good average over the centuries, compared to other countries..?
It's a joke. Similar ones include "weapons of mass destruction cannot be found", "more evil than Satan himself" bringing up Microsoft, "miserable failure" bringing up Bush, etc etc.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:30 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
It's a joke. Similar ones include "weapons of mass destruction cannot be found", "more evil than Satan himself" bringing up Microsoft, "miserable failure" bringing up Bush, etc etc.
Well yes I know it is a joke, but my point was, since it doesn't really have a basis in fact (France obviously has a glorious military history..) it has absolutely no basis in fact so comes up a bit empty...
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:38 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I have a group of good humoured American friends here in Baltimore. Just for the crack they sometimes (referring to WW2) say "If it wasn't for us you would be speaking German right now". To which I reply with "what language do you speak, wow you really won that argument".

I have had "you know what you can do with your queen don't you". To which I reply "Yeah... put her in as Quarterback for the Ravens then you might actually win something".

Anybody got a good one liner for that?
"Yes, but you needed the French to help you do it " ...?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robin1234
Well yes I know it is a joke, but my point was, since it doesn't really have a basis in fact (France obviously has a glorious military history..) it has absolutely no basis in fact so comes up a bit empty...
Most jokes have little basis in fact, or at least exaggerate snippets of truth! I would have said that it was an Englishman poking fun at the French, as the English are wont to do, but the creator appears to be Canadian as far as I can tell.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Most jokes have little basis in fact, or at least exaggerate snippets of truth! I would have said that it was an Englishman poking fun at the French, as the English are wont to do, but the creator appears to be Canadian as far as I can tell.
Those sorts of 'jokes' do get a bit tedious.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

andy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really nice

Just buy them all a pint of SHUT THE **** UP !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.