Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I love LA ( Boyz N the Hood)

I love LA ( Boyz N the Hood)

Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:30 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love LA ( Boyz N the Hood)

Originally Posted by TruBrit
liz, just want to say how sorry i am esp for what happened to you personally...what an absolute nighmare to say the least...
Ah not to worry, it was a long time ago & I'm passed all that. I actually saw one of the men when I was visiting Texas about 3 years ago, I realised who it was & I was like a deer in the headlights. Then all of a sudden I realised, why play the victim? Get it together, he can't hurt you now, just move on. It could have been so much worse, in a way, I was very lucky.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:36 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Ah not to worry, it was a long time ago & I'm passed all that. I actually saw one of the men when I was visiting Texas about 3 years ago, I realised who it was & I was like a deer in the headlights. Then all of a sudden I realised, why play the victim? Get it together, he can't hurt you now, just move on. It could have been so much worse, in a way, I was very lucky.
So did this original incident happen in Texas?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:37 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Hells Teeth!!! what are the chances of living in AZ and going to Texas for a holiday and seeing a guy who had assaulted you...Bloody bad luck that was.

Last edited by Kate2112; Jul 20th 2006 at 12:42 am.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's relative was shot & murdered, I was raped by 2 American men when I was 15, another of my husband's relatives was molested by 2 paedophiles within their family, one of which is now in jail, the other is on the sex offenders list.

I also thought of another one, which is a bit too close for comfort, my mum was going to marry an American many moons ago, but backed out, he later got married to another women & ended up shooting her before turning the gun on himself. This sounds like a soap opera, but sadly, it's all true.

(Sorry, I didn't want to be too specific about my husband's family, hence the use of 'relative', but they were all different incidents.)
Partystar, I'm truly sorry these things have happened to you, they are bad, by no means. But, this is truly not the norm for here. Its scary and sad to think it would be the norm anywhere.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:43 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Hells Teeth!!! what are the chances of living in AZ and going to Texas for a holiday and seeing a guy who had assaulted you...Bloody bad luck that was.
Probably about as much as getting your car stolen in the UK, from what I see so far.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Partystar, I'm truly sorry these things have happened to you, they are bad, by no means. But, this is truly not the norm for here. Its scary and sad to think it would be the norm anywhere.
Nope, it's the norm...case closed.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:45 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syllk
So did this original incident happen in Texas?
Yes.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:47 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably about as much as getting your car stolen in the UK, from what I see so far.

But honestly its such an awful story Syllk! If you didnt know better you would think it was a plot line from a soap opera as Partystar said. If this happened to me in the US I would be on a plane back to wherever I came from like lightning.. I just know I wouldnt have Partystar's backbone???
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:49 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Yes, that certainly would be very bad luck, but that's where it actually happened, I used to live there for a while when I was 15. I still have friends & family there, so I went back for a visit & happened to see him.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:51 am

Yes.
So why go back there? It's just a curiosity question, as I'd imagine that most victims would want to avoid their attackers.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:54 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I suppose I just can't understand how they (Hub's family) act as if it's nothing, like it's a normal everyday occurrence, which makes me think it's the norm here. Where I'm from, someone gets their wallet stolen & it's headline news!!!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:56 am
Back where I belong!

So why go back there? It's just a curiosity question, as I'd imagine that most victims would want to avoid their attackers.
I managed to avoid them for years, but I want to visit my friends & family & most of them don't even own a passport, let alone have the money to come see me.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Looks alot like downtown DC, a place I would never ever go to alone in the "safety" of my car or not. In fact there are many places near to where I live that I will not go to just because I don't feel safe, that was something I never felt at home either.
Thankyou, it's the same for me.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:59 am

I suppose I just can't understand how they (Hub's family) act as if it's nothing, like it's a normal everyday occurrence, which makes me think it's the norm here. Where I'm from, someone gets their wallet stolen & it's headline news!!!
I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. If hub's relatives (his family is actually you and your kids) thinks that murder, rape and paedopihlia is a normal everyday occurrence, then something is very wrong in their heads. Or your story.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:00 am

I managed to avoid them for years, but I want to visit my friends & family & most of them don't even own a passport, let alone have the money to come see me.
You have family in Texas? Aren't you from the UK, or did you all come over here together?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.