Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I just saved 30 pounds on a rental car.

I just saved 30 pounds on a rental car.

Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default I just saved 30 pounds on a rental car.

So I booked my rental car with sixt a couple of months ago. This morning I checked their website again and the car I booked had gone from 105 gbp a week to 75 gbp.....I called them and they just re-booked it at the new price, probably the easiest 30 pounds I've ever saved!

Hopefully that information will come in handy to a couple of other expats
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:36 pm
Banned

The Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant future
Default Re: I just saved 30 pounds on a rental car.

I do that all the time, I even whip out the laptop at baggage claim and check rates. If they have cars available at the last minute they'll give them away. And like you I always make a reservation early so i'm assured i'll get a car, and almost always get a better deal in the end, sometimes a much better on the day of travel, but sometimes it goes up and I'll keep the original reservation..

I've tried them all over the years and Alamo is the best. All the cars are new and they really come down in price when they think they aren't going to get every vehicle rented out that day. You don't have to provide credit card information anymore so making multiple reservations won't cost you anything. I don't even bother cancelling the higher priced ones anymore.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2112 is on a distinguished road

Guys, anyone know a good site for long term rentals - 6 months+ ??
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cookie2112
Sorry that's not something I have ever had to do.....Would it be worth buying a used car if your planning on having it for 6 months?
Old Oct 12th 2011, 3:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookie2112
call corporate offices for long term rates...but at that point, you are better off buying a second hand car...