Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I have just pranged my car and feel like sh..

I have just pranged my car and feel like sh..

Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:51 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: I have just pranged my car and feel like sh..

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Because I wasnt paying attention and it is my fault totally. The lovely lady was kind enough to take my details as I told them because I was in such a state I couldn't find my paperwork in the glove compartment. Her SUV is fine, thankfully, well to look at anyway, I have an Expedition and my bonnet is a mess. She was driving a Mitsibushi Paj. We were in a traffic queue so I hit her very slowly. I am so upset about it. Been here for 9 years and this is the first to-do. Sorry for going on, but I am not happy at all. But I am so happy that no-one was hurt..

I just feel like bawling. Husband is very OK about it.
Still feel like shit thou

PD1
She was very nice........until you get a letter from her insurance company tomorrow telling you she's in the local hospital with the worst case of whiplash ever recorded and has Dracula for a lawyer.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:58 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
She was very nice........until you get a letter from her insurance company tomorrow telling you she's in the local hospital with the worst case of whiplash ever recorded and has Dracula for a lawyer.
But Dracula's a wimp in the daylight.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by jumping doris
But Dracula's a wimp in the daylight.
When have you ever seen a lawyer outside a building in broad daylight?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:04 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!! Karma for that!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:18 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Now that you mention it....
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:36 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ewww no...couldn't drink anything fizzy up a straw...makes me nose go all funny.

You silly, you put the straw in your mouth, not your nose.

Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

Because I wasnt paying attention and it is my fault totally. The lovely lady was kind enough to take my details as I told them because I was in such a state I couldn't find my paperwork in the glove compartment. Her SUV is fine, thankfully, well to look at anyway, I have an Expedition and my bonnet is a mess. She was driving a Mitsibushi Paj. We were in a traffic queue so I hit her very slowly. I am so upset about it. Been here for 9 years and this is the first to-do. Sorry for going on, but I am not happy at all. But I am so happy that no-one was hurt..

PD1
I'm glad nobody got hurt. Sucks when that happens. I was on my way to work a few months ago and some crazy woman decided to make a left turn right in front of me FROM THE FAR RIGHT LANE. Stupid woman was yapping away on her cell phone and paying no attention whatsoever. I didn't even have time to react! She just yanked the steering wheel left and I pranged her left rear bumper. The worse thing? SHE DIDN'T EVEN STOP!!!! She probably didn't have insurance Anyway, no one was hurt (at least I wasn't - I don't know about the silly cow in the other car). The only damage I had was a broken indicator light 'cos I wasn't traveling fast since it happened in downtown and we were in commuter traffic.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You silly, you put the straw in your mouth, not your nose.

Unless it's coke.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Unless it's coke.
Is this an american thing, now, sucking up Coke Cola up you snozzel ?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:43 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

PD1
Sorry about your accident, but glad that everyone is okay. It happens to the best of us. OH worked for an auto insurance company and did much the same thing in a company car. He didn't half feel embarrassed. What made it worse was it was the only accident he had, but as an insurance person, his record was supposed to be impeccable.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Neathborn
Sorry about your accident, but glad that everyone is okay. It happens to the best of us. OH worked for an auto insurance company and did much the same thing in a company car. He didn't half feel embarrassed. What made it worse was it was the only accident he had, but as an insurance person, his record was supposed to be impeccable.
Does he now know how we feel when we are raped by insurance companies and there extortionate premiums then? Or did they turn a blind eye?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:32 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

Does he now know how we feel when we are raped by insurance companies and there extortionate premiums then? Or did they turn a blind eye?
No, they didn't turn a blind eye; it's not necessarily the case that premiums go up after an accident, but in his case he was in a company car, which was insured under another insurance company, so it didn't affect his premium.

Speaking of premiums, sure some of the insurance companies charge an arm and a leg, but you can also look to the lawyers for part of the blame, as well as crazy drivers. Might you be one of those crazy drivers?
Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eveving All

An update on the old car trouble

The lady I hit hasn't called the insurance company or me so far, and the assessor had quoted the damage at $3500 approx, and recommened all new parts, which I believe is not usual. I have a very cute rental at the mo, and my insurance company, AAA, have been very helpful.
Although, I have to admit, when I moved here first, I thought AAA, was American Alcoholics Anon, all those stickers on bumpers...LOL

Drive careful y'all
PD1
Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Bahh Humbug

Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:13 am
Account Closed

Peeps

I have tried to send some Karma to the people who PM'd me, but the bloody machine wont let me do it,

You know who you are ))

PD1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.