Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I have a curry house right on my doorstep!!

I have a curry house right on my doorstep!!

Old Oct 4th 2003, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up I have a curry house right on my doorstep!!

Does this place get any better or what. A few weeks ago I found out that I have a British food store just 5 minutes down the road British Gourmet and last night while coming back from taking my mum to the airport, we stopped off to get a menu from the Indian Delhi Palace, only to find it has almost all my favorite curry dishes on the menu. Chicken Tikka, Chicken Masala, Chicken Korma, Tikka Masala, Vindaloo, Saag, Dopiaza, Naan and Keema Naan breads, onion bhajis, papadums and all the rices that you could possible imagine!! I'm in heaven The place is huge and is just 5 minutes from the house. Now I just have to persuade my wife to come eat there with me, as the only exposure she has had to this type of food, was a chicken tikka sandwich from Kings Cross station:scared:

The address for any locals is 5104 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix AZ 85008
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:15 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Right! That's it! I am defintely moving to Arizona! LOL! I think this is an omen.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a place a little further down the street called Goa Indian grill. But it looks like a dodgy kebab house lol.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:55 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with you people, where is Brigie - teach them the word Assimilate. All the threads this week have been about Curries, Eastenders and Football. If all you want to do is watch Eastenders and eat curry then stay in the UK.

Your here, enjoy the culture, try and understand why americans think "its all relative" is funny. See if you can sit through 1 complete episode of Threat Matrix without putting bullet in your head, or watching a complete episode bewitched without getting a hard on. See if you can fathom why someone would ever think David Letterman is funny.

You people make me want to cry, I am off to watch Bend it like Beckham and have a crunchy my brother brought over and cry over the fact Blackpool got beaten 3-0 nil by Brighton and try to forget there are idiots on this board who can't enjoy American culture and hang on to there Englishness for dear life, sad, very sad.

Patrick
Old Oct 4th 2003, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

It would be nice to live in your utopian world Patrick, but I'll keep dreaming

For the record, I havent missed England one bit since I arrived more than 12 weeks ago and I have no desire to go home right now. I love where I live and the people that I live with. Just because I've moved out of my country of birth, doesnt mean I cannot pine for a few of the things that I liked when at home. Now what was Wendy Richards email address again?
Old Oct 4th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Patrick
See if you can sit through 1 complete episode of Threat Matrix without putting bullet in your head, or watching a complete episode bewitched without getting a hard on.
Patrick
Just curious Patrick ..... are you referring to your own personal experience when watching Bewitched??
Old Oct 4th 2003, 7:41 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
Just curious Patrick ..... are you referring to your own personal experience when watching Bewitched??
I didn't mean bewitched did I, I meant that one on the WB on Sunday night which is just a breast fest - Charmed. Gosh, I may not have had sex for a while (because of my wifes operation) but I draw line the Tabatha!

Patrick
Old Oct 4th 2003, 8:18 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Polish, Greek, Mexican, Chinese and Italian food is widely available here, so whats so wrong about wanting a good old 'Indian' curry?

Charmed is a skin flick with magic, and I'm lucky that my wife loves to watch it
Old Oct 4th 2003, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm will be interested to hear if after dining at these curry houses if you are still of the opinion that you want to eat there again.

We have a curry house here in SD, it is written up in all the dining guides as being absolutely fabbo, and in my opinion the food is total shite, nothing like the real curry you get from India or a decent Indian establishment in the UK. If they use any spices to spark it up at all I would be surprised. It's just like the Mexican food, americanised in taste to the extent you wouldn't recognise what it is meant to be if you were blindfolded.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Vicky88
Hmm will be interested to hear if after dining at these curry houses if you are still of the opinion that you want to eat there again.

We have a curry house here in SD, it is written up in all the dining guides as being absolutely fabbo, and in my opinion the food is total shite, nothing like the real curry you get from India or a decent Indian establishment in the UK. If they use any spices to spark it up at all I would be surprised. It's just like the Mexican food, americanised in taste to the extent you wouldn't recognise what it is meant to be if you were blindfolded.
Same here...we have a few Indian restaurants..never been to any of them a second time. Yer local UK chippie does a better curry than the stuff they dish out here.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:37 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Im not surprised that you haven't missed England - you have recreated it.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Well GRRRRRRRRR you just had to tell me that didn't you
never mind i'm off home to blighty for a week just before xmas .. will make sure i have a curry or 3 then .... not to mention a pint of real ale .... oh yummm 64 days and counting.

Jan
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all
Default Re: I have a curry house right on my doorstep!!

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Does this place get any better or what. A few weeks ago I found out that I have a British food store just 5 minutes down the road British Gourmet and last night while coming back from taking my mum to the airport, we stopped off to get a menu from the Indian Delhi Palace, only to find it has almost all my favorite curry dishes on the menu. Chicken Tikka, Chicken Masala, Chicken Korma, Tikka Masala, Vindaloo, Saag, Dopiaza, Naan and Keema Naan breads, onion bhajis, papadums and all the rices that you could possible imagine!! I'm in heaven The place is huge and is just 5 minutes from the house. Now I just have to persuade my wife to come eat there with me, as the only exposure she has had to this type of food, was a chicken tikka sandwich from Kings Cross station:scared:

The address for any locals is 5104 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix AZ 85008
You poor man.....do you have diced carrots all over the sidewalks on a Saturday night/Sunday morning like real British restaurants have?