Reload this Page >

I have a credit card without a social or ITIN

I have a credit card without a social or ITIN

Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Colaiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I have a credit card without a social or ITIN

Hi!

I'm a UK citizen, came to US on an f1 visa 6 years ago, but have just applied for a green card through my marriage to a US citizen.

Everyone thinks one cannot get a credit card without a social security number or at least an ITIN.

4 years ago, Bank of American kindly informed me, that due to my "long term banking relationship" with them, they will give me a small credit card, although I have no conventional credit.

Over time I grew the credit limit on my Bank of America credit card from $600 to $3,300.

Now I have applied for a green card and I will soon be getting my very own social security number, I'm wondering if my new social will connect with my bank of america credit history, or if there will be no relationship between my Bank of America credit history and new credit history?

The more fundamental question is, what do Bank of America do with my credit report for the past 3 years, - does it remain an internal record for them, or is there some kind of reporting to central credit card bureaus. If there is some kind of reporting, - with that are they referencing my credit ( being that I have no social)? My passport number? My visa number?

All thoughts, comments and answers appreciated :-)

Thanks!
Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a credit card without a social or ITIN

I had a Platinum US issued card for years and years because the private banking unit gave me one within 2 or 3 days of moving to the States (I was as poor as the church mouse, but I worked for a big company and the company had a relationship with the bank).
I simply phoned the bank & told them my SSN & the credit reference agencies updated instantly. Have you got an ITIN already you could tell them?
Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Colaiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have a credit card without a social or ITIN

Thanks for your quick reply!

It's good to know I have that option.

I haven't yet got an ITIN.

Part of me would be happy if they never make that connection, as I can worry less about my Bank of America credit. Do you understand where I'm coming from?