I hate AT&T

Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:16 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Angry I hate AT&T

I'm nearing the 90-minute mark for the amount of time I've spent on hold with them over the past week. All within 3 phone calls. :curse:

So yesterday we closed on our house. Well, our lawyer did. We pre-signed on Tuesday.

Ten days ago I arranged with AT&T to have our home phone line cut off and changed over to a voicemail system for 90 days. That was supposed to happen on Thursday, two days ago.

It didn't happen... it also didn't happen yesterday, after I called again.

When I called yesterday (Friday) morning after it wasn't disconnected, I was told "there was an error". So I asked why it hadn't been corrected, and got the same response. Then I asked why no-one seemed to have noticed or called me on the contact number I left, but they couldn't answer that either.

Right now I am still on hold with them, to find out what happened and how quickly they're going to fix it.

I called the number right before I got on the phone to them this morning, and it was still active. Just rang and rang and rang. I'm very lucky in that the new owners are moving in gradually and probably won't get the phone up and running for about a week.

AT&T swore blind before putting me on hold for someone who could "help" that it has been disconnected. When I said "why does it just ring and ring then? Shouldn't I get a message saying it has been disconnected?" I was just told "hold on" and went on hold for someone who can "help".

Need to get this sorted out before I can attack them about the 90-day voicemail service that I've already paid them for.

What a bunch of crap!!! :curse: :curse: :curse:

Anyone else hate them as much as I do? Weren't the phone companies split up to avoid monopolies? It's just going straight back to a monopoly situation I swear. First we were with Ameritech, then they got bought out by SBC, then they got taken over by AT&T. Service has never been as shit as it is now. Very pleased I won't have to deal with them again after this!!!

Last edited by Maz; Sep 29th 2007 at 3:18 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate AT&T

Right now I am on hold with my bank.......hold time now is 24 minutes

All I need is to activate my new debit card,,,,:curse:

Sympathies to you ......
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:33 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Sympathies to you ......
If only customer service level could determine whether a company stayed in business or not... *sigh*

I'm on hold to speak to a supervisor now. All I could get out of the last person is that her name is "Tamara". Hurray for speakerphones!!!

I've been on the phone for 45 minutes now. :curse:
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Sympathies to you ......
Never had that problem myself, but if this is a regular occurrence, why not activate it at your local branch if you happen to go that way anyway.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
If only customer service level could determine whether a company stayed in business or not... *sigh*

I'm on hold to speak to a supervisor now. All I could get out of the last person is that her name is "Tamara". Hurray for speakerphones!!!

I've been on the phone for 45 minutes now. :curse:

Success for me....finally. Apparently for a while there I didn't exit in their automated activation system that's why I was redirected to customer service and was told I was 21st in line...... The girl told me they are having the same problem with everyone today.

.....and they say life should be easier now..yeah right
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Never had that problem myself, but if this is a regular occurrence, why not activate it at your local branch if you happen to go that way anyway.
Not usually a problem...see below

Success for me....finally. Apparently for a while there I didn't exit in their automated activation system that's why I was redirected to customer service and was told I was 21st in line...... The girl told me they are having the same problem with everyone today.

Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:46 pm
Maz

Bloody hell! :curse: I'm glad you got all sorted out there SM.

I finally put the phone down after wishing "Tamara" a nice day. Got promised once again that it would be disconnected by 8 pm central today, and the paid-for voicemail activated.

We'll see... :curse: That was promised to me yesterday as well, but it never happened. I asked Tamara to make sure she told her manager(s) just how dissatisfied I am, and how happy I am that I'll never have to deal with AT&T ever ever ever again.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:36 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Maz, I had a huge problem with Verizon a while back, and actually landed up calling the Customer Service VP at the corporate office, who sorted the problem out within minutes - after I'd tried the entire week with the little people.

Now, if I ever encounter a problem, I call her right away. Maybe try corporate?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:09 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm nearing the 90-minute mark for the amount of time I've spent on hold with them over the past week. All within 3 phone calls. :curse:

So yesterday we closed on our house. Well, our lawyer did. We pre-signed on Tuesday.

Ten days ago I arranged with AT&T to have our home phone line cut off and changed over to a voicemail system for 90 days. That was supposed to happen on Thursday, two days ago.

It didn't happen... it also didn't happen yesterday, after I called again.

When I called yesterday (Friday) morning after it wasn't disconnected, I was told "there was an error". So I asked why it hadn't been corrected, and got the same response. Then I asked why no-one seemed to have noticed or called me on the contact number I left, but they couldn't answer that either.

Right now I am still on hold with them, to find out what happened and how quickly they're going to fix it.

I called the number right before I got on the phone to them this morning, and it was still active. Just rang and rang and rang. I'm very lucky in that the new owners are moving in gradually and probably won't get the phone up and running for about a week.

AT&T swore blind before putting me on hold for someone who could "help" that it has been disconnected. When I said "why does it just ring and ring then? Shouldn't I get a message saying it has been disconnected?" I was just told "hold on" and went on hold for someone who can "help".

Need to get this sorted out before I can attack them about the 90-day voicemail service that I've already paid them for.

What a bunch of crap!!! :curse: :curse: :curse:

Anyone else hate them as much as I do? Weren't the phone companies split up to avoid monopolies? It's just going straight back to a monopoly situation I swear. First we were with Ameritech, then they got bought out by SBC, then they got taken over by AT&T. Service has never been as shit as it is now. Very pleased I won't have to deal with them again after this!!!

I think AT&T taking over Cingular is one big debacle too, probably stretching themselves too thin or else becoming the WalMart of the phone world...I have a Cingular cellphone which is now AT&T and they suck balls and have put all my charges up so I feel for you....kinda makes me miss BT....ok not really.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Just be thankful it's not BT. My mum had her phone disconnected because their new computer system "doesn't do some things" and was disconnected for almost 2 months. Minimum hold time was just over an hour. One time she was on hold for an hour then the message switched over to the "closed" one and hung up on her. The only way it got sorted was because she knows a guy who knows a guy who works for BT and he knew a guy at BT that could fix it. A week after the phone was re-connected, they called he up asking if it was OK to come an re-connect the phone the next day.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

welshy45 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like SunCom.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Maz, I had a huge problem with Verizon a while back, and actually landed up calling the Customer Service VP at the corporate office, who sorted the problem out within minutes - after I'd tried the entire week with the little people.

Now, if I ever encounter a problem, I call her right away. Maybe try corporate?

How did you find the customer service VP's phone number?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khai ko
How did you find the customer service VP's phone number?
Google
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:18 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I've posted this before, but nobody listens.

Go on line to their corporate site and find how to contact "investor relations".

Tell them you are going to get a friend to buy one share so he can attend the AGM, to ask a question about the service problem you are currently trying to solve, because he is worried about the effect of this rotten service on his portfolio. Ask which city is to host the next AGM, so you can pick a nearby friend.

It is the fastest way to resolution. AGMs must run smoothly.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:35 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I've posted this before, but nobody listens.

Go on line to their corporate site and find how to contact "investor relations".

Tell them you are going to get a friend to buy one share so he can attend the AGM, to ask a question about the service problem you are currently trying to solve, because he is worried about the effect of this rotten service on his portfolio. Ask which city is to host the next AGM, so you can pick a nearby friend.

It is the fastest way to resolution. AGMs must run smoothly.
We did that with NTL when I first came to the US. They kept sending me letters saying that I owed them money when I had the paid bill all along and had the proof. They even threatened me with legal action. I wouldn'nt mind but the amount they were quibbling over was 5 GBP. So my husband called the investor relations and left a message for the CEO of NTL. We never did hear from him/her but we had a phone call from customer service the next day saying everything was sorted out and no problems!

Maggie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.