Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I guess some stereotypes just won't die...

I guess some stereotypes just won't die...

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:09 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of
Default Re: I guess some stereotypes just won't die...

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Well I'm a Brit and I've been in the States a few years and I'd honestly go with the whole Brit's have bad teeth thing...
Since being here I've never seen so many straight white pearly knashers!!
I've seen groups of kids everyone of them wearing braces ,even adults all trying to get that perfect look , teeth so white ,unbelievably white they really do dazzle

This is all something I never saw in Britain I guess it's not that initially we have worse teeth than the American's but we don't perservere as much to improve upon their look

And I'm actually amazed to see somebody complaining about the price of dental work in the U.K ....have you seen a dentist over here yet? :scared:
For the record I am a brit living in the states and yes I have seen a dentist here, if I had not then I would not be in a position to comment, my dental comes with my job, and compared to english dental care it costs me next to nothing over here.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:12 pm
Velouria

Default Re: I guess some stereotypes just won't die...

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I was under the impression your teeth aren't supposed to be bright white, because that indicates they've been bleached in some way which would weaken the teeth.

My dentist in the UK used to tell me that teeth should be their natural colour, a dull white.

-tom
that is very true.. different races have different natural teeth colours. people of negroid descent have bright white teeth, whereas the natural colour for caucasians (sp?) is more of an off white - or pearly white...

i knew someone who had their teeth bleached.. almost blinded me when he smiled... it was way too artificial looking

as for the illiteracy and apostrophes and grammar! chill out - its only typing! (go on, chastise me for not capitalising (or with a 'z' if you prefer))....