Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I guess I'll have to get use to...

I guess I'll have to get use to...

Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default Re: I guess I'll have to get use to...

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I think it's great to see workers standing up for themselves. Right or wrong, they have a right to be heard just like anyone else. You forget that after living for a long time in America, where the only people with rights are the ones who can afford to buy them.
YOu seem to making a judgement and inferring something that was not in my post. I never said I agreed or disagreed, I just stated that it is something I will have to get use to and then mentioned the delays at the airport.

And so to reiterate, strikes in the UK are something I will have to get use to once I move. I still stand by that statement.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brigette
YOu seem to making a judgement and inferring something that was not in my post. I never said I agreed or disagreed, I just stated that it is something I will have to get use to and then mentioned the delays at the airport.

And so to reiterate, strikes in the UK are something I will have to get use to once I move. I still stand by that statement.
You did put a sad face in your initial post
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You did put a sad face in your initial post
Yes I sure did, after the airport delays when I said there might be delays at the airport. If I meant it for the entire post, the sad face would have been in the title.

Airport delays whether here or anywhere else is a royal pain and has nothing to do with me agreeing or disagreeing about a strike.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:42 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I think you misunderstood my use of the word 'you.' I didn't mean you personally. I meant my comment generally but should have said 'we' or 'I' to make myself clear. (I didn't even notice you were in the US). Sometimes I write as I would talk and forget that it might be misinterpreted. Sorry for any confusion.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I think you misunderstood my use of the word 'you.' I didn't mean you personally. I meant my comment generally but should have said 'we' or 'I' to make myself clear. (I didn't even know you were in the US). Sometimes I write as I would talk and forget that it might be misinterpreted. Sorry for any confusion.
No worries, glad you cleared up the confusion
Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:16 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you have to get used to it ? Strikes are pretty few and far between in the UK nowadays.

strikes when I move to the UK next year. IF you are planning on going to Heathrow tomorrow, plan on delays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15947818