Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I guess I'll have to get use to...

I guess I'll have to get use to...

Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default I guess I'll have to get use to...

strikes when I move to the UK next year. IF you are planning on going to Heathrow tomorrow, plan on delays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15947818
Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I guess I'll have to get use to...

Originally Posted by Brigette
strikes when I move to the UK next year. IF you are planning on going to Heathrow tomorrow, plan on delays.

Mrs TB is in Korea at the moment but she has finished her business early. I told her to stay until Thurs
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

strikes when I move to the UK next year.
Hardly, it's not like they're a regular occurence! And they have their advantages - mainly the fact that I'm still lying in bed at 9am because I haven't had to get up to do the school run, and that I can have a lovely day out with my kids.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:28 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hardly, it's not like they're a regular occurence! And they have their advantages - mainly the fact that I'm still lying in bed at 9am because I haven't had to get up to do the school run, and that I can have a lovely day out with my kids.
You're surfing the net in bed - how utterly decadent!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:10 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
You're surfing the net in bed - how utterly decadent!
I'm friends with my old UK buddies Dd on facebook, it looks like a lot of school kids have a whole day out planned, they are loving it.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Good on them. Hopefully it will stop a slide into the crap situation for teachers in California.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Good on them. Hopefully it will stop a slide into the crap situation for teachers in California.
Doubt it. Some in this country love to give lip service about education but when it comes time to pay teachers...well you know the drill
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think they might be a regular occurence soon enough!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Homeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond repute

On the BBC World News it said that police and other staff were covering. They then interviewed a man at the Airport, he said the service was better than normal
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis
On the BBC World News it said that police and other staff were covering. They then interviewed a man at the Airport, he said the service was better than normal
oh my gosh what does that tell you...
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

oh my gosh what does that tell you...
There were a lot of scabs.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:43 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm friends with my old UK buddies Dd on facebook, it looks like a lot of school kids have a whole day out planned, they are loving it.
Yep, my son had the day off uni today. All lectures cancelled. Not that he seems to do a lot of studying anyway
Old Dec 1st 2011, 2:40 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Yep, my son had the day off uni today. All lectures cancelled. Not that he seems to do a lot of studying anyway
I thought that about my son when he was in Uni. Turns out he did a lot of studying while I was sleeping, he had fine tuned the art of cramming I'm told.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:38 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

This was my niece's status on Facebook yesterday:

In the pub now after a day of shopping, posh meals and plenty of wine! X x x

She's a teacher.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 10:55 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's great to see workers standing up for themselves. Right or wrong, they have a right to be heard just like anyone else. You forget that after living for a long time in America, where the only people with rights are the ones who can afford to buy them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.