Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I got asked.....

I got asked.....

Old May 5th 2010, 8:27 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got asked.....

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I started the Trojan War
So it was your face that was responsible for launching all those ships.
Old May 5th 2010, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
So it was your face that was responsible for launching all those ships.
Yes and yours started the aggro in Chapeltown
Old May 5th 2010, 8:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and yours started the aggro in Chapeltown
It's my curse.
Old May 5th 2010, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's my curse.
I was like Jim Morrison...too beautiful to be taken seriously...
Old May 5th 2010, 8:46 pm

EU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I was at a Garage sale today and the young daughter of the family holding the sale asked me if I was from Poland because I sounded like a neighbour they had
Thats the 12th time this week I have been asked "Where are you from", I keep a running count just for my own boredom in my mileage book in the car I just put a check mark in there next to the day and add them up every week
Poppy girl, but you are British, right? OMG! I though British people have no language barrier or accent issues here in the US.

Okay, English is my second language and I learned British English. So when I came here and spelled a Z, I always said ZED. Well they did not understand me. I was told it is incorrect. Then of course I still use letter s in words (e.g. realise, recognise) Once I told my friend, I just finished hoovering. She stared at me and said that Hoover is a brand. I said well when I lived in London for a year, I used to hoover She replied, lady we vacuum here. It was hilarious
Old May 5th 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

When I was living in London a woman asked a black friend if she went white in the winter.
Come to think of it, about 10 years ago I worked with this guy who was from somewhere in Norwich. We lived in staff accomodation at a hotel. One day, I had this peel off face mask on when he knocked on my door. I started peeling it off, and by the look of pure horror on his face, could see he thought it was my skin. Told him that all black people's skin would peel off about once every three months. Never did tell him any different!
Old May 5th 2010, 8:50 pm

EU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AlienUk
Come to think of it, about 10 years ago I worked with this guy who was from somewhere in Norwich. We lived in staff accomodation at a hotel. One day, I had this peel off face mask on when he knocked on my door. I started peeling it off, and by the look of pure horror on his face, could see he thought it was my skin. Told him that all black people's skin would peel off about once every three months. Never did tell him any different!
Old May 5th 2010, 11:51 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I know what you mean - that's why I don't usually wear a kilt.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:02 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I've started riots before.
Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful.
Old May 6th 2010, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Bufordbrit will become famous soon enough

Hi folks, just had to add mine to the growing list. When I came over to visit my now husband for the first time we went to his firms Christmas dinner. He warned me that at some point in the evening someone would ask me a dumb question. Turned out to be from the police detective sitting at our table. First question "Do you know Mr. Bean" to which I smiled and assured him I did and second question "Do you have cows in England". Same response from me with a look of total disbelief from my OH.
Old May 6th 2010, 11:04 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I met my USC husband's company director at a dinner, and he asked me why British people don't like Americans.

I said because they are "loud, obnoxious, overly polite, superficial, fake, insular, too religious, ignorant, stupid and uneducated."

He replied that I must have been very hard up for a husband!
Old May 6th 2010, 11:33 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlienUk
You're black? I've been staring at your avatar for a number of minutes and I still can't see it... I'll have to keep looking.

Originally Posted by penguinbar
This message has been deleted by penguinbar.
Did I miss it?

Last edited by another bloody yank; May 6th 2010 at 11:36 am.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You're black? I've been staring at your avatar for a number of minutes and I still can't see it... I'll have to keep looking

I'm actually mixed race, my father black Jamaican, mother white English
Old May 6th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

I saw this in Ross last night...had to take a picture for y'all....

Old May 6th 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emailrob
I saw this in Ross last night...had to take a picture for y'all....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...b/IMG00980.jpg
Nice price too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.