British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I got approved!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-got-approved-348025/)

Partystar Jan 13th 2006 4:16 am

I got approved!!!

Yes, that's correct, you read it right!

I had my AOS appointment this morning, we waited in the waiting room for about 10 minutes & we're only in the interview for a max of 20 minutes! We spent the night before preparing everything, most of it wasn't needed, but it we had not have taken it, they would have asked for it, that's just our luck!!! So we were careful to cover all bases!

We were sworn in, then asked for ID, we showed our passports. The interviewer asked to see our son's birth certificate, hubby's work stubs & proof of employment letter (as he'd changed jobs since we had put in the application) & my new SSN number.

He asked us some routine questions, most of which we had already answered in the application. He also asked us how we met, when we got married & where.

Then he said, we're approving your application, you will receive your card in the next week or 2, but for now I'll stamp your passport as proof. He removed the I-94 & then stamped my passport. I was in shock that it was so quick & simple (the interview process, not the whole 'ordeal'!!!). We left with huge smiles on our faces & our shoulders felt lighter!!!

On another note, during the recorded interview, a mouse ran down the hallway & past the interview room! Hubby did a double take as he thought he was seeing things & turned to us to see if we'd seen it too!!! The interviewer assured hubby that he wasn't going crazy & said he'd seen it & had spotted them over the last few days too!!!

kevntrace Jan 13th 2006 4:22 am

Re: I got approved!!!

Congrats - it is a good feeling to get to that stage. But I must admit I found it a bit of a disappointment that all the strife had come down to a very plain stamp in my passport - couldn't they at least have made it a "fancy" stamp, with a coat of arms or something?

Anyway, congrats again and I hope you go and do something nice to celebrate.

Partystar Jan 13th 2006 4:31 am

Originally Posted by kevntrace
Congrats - it is a good feeling to get to that stage. But I must admit I found it a bit of a disappointment that all the strife had come down to a very plain stamp in my passport - couldn't they at least have made it a "fancy" stamp, with a coat of arms or something?

Anyway, congrats again and I hope you go and do something nice to celebrate.

It's funny you should say that! Hubby said "If only we'd have seen the stamp in someone else's passport, we could have made our own!!!" He was a bit shocked that it looked so easy to forge.

I'm going out Friday & Saturday night, so I'll get plenty of celebrating in! Plus our Phoenix Expats meet up is the weekend after that!

Eskimo Jan 13th 2006 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Partystar

I had my AOS appointment this morning, we waited in the waiting room for about 10 minutes & we're only in the interview for a max of 20 minutes! We spent the night before preparing everything, most of it wasn't needed, but it we had not have taken it, they would have asked for it, that's just our luck!!! So we were careful to cover all bases!

We were sworn in, then asked for ID, we showed our passports. The interviewer asked to see our son's birth certificate, hubby's work stubs & proof of employment letter (as he'd changed jobs since we had put in the application) & my new SSN number.

He asked us some routine questions, most of which we had already answered in the application. He also asked us how we met, when we got married & where.

Then he said, we're approving your application, you will receive your card in the next week or 2, but for now I'll stamp your passport as proof. He removed the I-94 & then stamped my passport. I was in shock that it was so quick & simple (the interview process, not the whole 'ordeal'!!!). We left with huge smiles on our faces & our shoulders felt lighter!!!

On another note, during the recorded interview, a mouse ran down the hallway & past the interview room! Hubby did a double take as he thought he was seeing things & turned to us to see if we'd seen it too!!! The interviewer assured hubby that he wasn't going crazy & said he'd seen it & had spotted them over the last few days too!!!

Congrats :) - what kind of visa where you on ?

ScousePete Jan 13th 2006 10:00 am

Congratulations! - it's a great feeling :)

britvic Jan 13th 2006 11:35 am

I got that magic little stamp a few weeks ago :)

CarlM Jan 13th 2006 12:14 pm

Congratualtions!! Am delighted for you!

CM

Pimpbot Jan 13th 2006 12:27 pm

Congrats. was it a guy with glasses who did the interview, on the young side and very robotic?

TruBrit Jan 13th 2006 12:38 pm

What stamp is this?? Seems it's the thing to have and so congrats except for the mouse incident...wow I'd have gone AWOL :scared: can't stand them little bu**ers :D

clydegirl Jan 13th 2006 1:00 pm

Many congrats. So when are you going home? :)

Ray Jan 13th 2006 1:46 pm

Congrats there Kiddo ..

peacelover Jan 13th 2006 1:59 pm

Congratulations.

Partystar Jan 13th 2006 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Congrats :) - what kind of visa where you on ?

B1/B2 - married to USC for over 5 years.

Partystar Jan 13th 2006 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
I got that magic little stamp a few weeks ago :)

Congratulations to you too!!!

Angry White Pyjamas Jan 13th 2006 2:02 pm

Congrats....now u can get ur ass to work :D