Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I don't know what the INS will accept if no normal income for I-134

I don't know what the INS will accept if no normal income for I-134

Old Oct 17th 2002, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default I don't know what the INS will accept if no normal income for I-134

i'm a college student so i don't make 125% of the poverty level and i don't exactly have assets. so i guess i'll need a co-sponsor.
heres my problem:

my dad said that he would do it but he has been unemployed since april. before that he made about 50k a year. He owns a house though and is trying to sell it now for 300k. Houses can be assets right? i thought i read that you need $50,000 in assets

my grandparents also said they would sponsor my fiance, but they are retired. They have a house and a retirement income of $31,000 and no other dependents. would they be accepted?

please help me i dont know much about this stuff
Old Oct 17th 2002, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I don't know what the INS will accept if no normal income for I-134

Steff,

I am faced with the same problem of having NO INCOME, because I am a full time college student. So dont feel bad !!!!!!! My mother wil serve as a sponsor but she is currently employed. I'm not sure about your question but for the I-134 Affidavit of Support you need not present tax-returns, just employment and bank letters and maybe an employment offer letter for your fiance.

Good luck, Claudia
Old Oct 17th 2002, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default Re: I don't know what the INS will accept if no normal income for I-134

Originally posted by claudia13839:
Steff,

I am faced with the same problem of having NO INCOME, because I am a full time college student. So dont feel bad !!!!!!! My mother wil serve as a sponsor but she is currently employed. I'm not sure about your question but for the I-134 Affidavit of Support you need not present tax-returns, just employment and bank letters and maybe an employment offer letter for your fiance.

Good luck, Claudia
thanks good luck to you too!