British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I Am Thankful For (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-am-thankful-339250/)

Ray Nov 24th 2005 4:42 am

I Am Thankful For

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

....the mess to clean after Thanksgiving dinner because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

....the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.

....my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

....a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

....the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

....all the complaining about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

....my large heating bill because it means I am warm.

....the loads of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

....weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

....and your friendship.
I hope you all have a wonerful Thanksgiving and thank you for giving me the pleasure of your friendship.

Obviously not written by me

AdobePinon Nov 24th 2005 4:51 am

Re: I Am Thankful For

Originally Posted by Ray

Phew! Don't do that man, you almost gave me a heart attack. :D

antjen Nov 24th 2005 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Ray
I AM THANKFUL FOR...

.... the day off work!! - who cares what the day is called, its a day off work woohoo!!! :D

Ant

Patrick Nov 24th 2005 12:10 pm

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

....the mess to clean after Thanksgiving dinner because I went to a neighbors and can go home without lifting a finger.

....the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I go to Sears in the morning and buy some more in the sale.

....my shadow who watches me work because it means the voices in my head are real.

....a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because I'm a lazy twat and have not been doing the chores.

....the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I dont have to deal with the 800 disabled sticker drivers fighting over 2 spaces.

....all the complaining about our government because it means they are crap.

....my large heating bill because it means the bitch wont put on extra layers.

....the loads of laundry and ironing piling up because it means she has run off with a Sailor.

....weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I getting old and this miserable existance will hopefuly end soon.

....and your friendship, the poor shmucks who have to put up with my crap

I hope your Thanksgiving is a drunken brawl.

CitySimon Nov 24th 2005 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I AM THANKFUL FOR...

I never knew that you felt that way Ray. :confused:

It brought a tear to my eye reading that! :eek:

Dimsie Nov 24th 2005 2:49 pm

Ray :scared:

Patrick :D :D :D

Elvira Nov 24th 2005 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I AM THANKFUL FOR...

....my large heating bill because it means I am warm.

Yeah, right, you don't say... :rolleyes:

Happy Turkey Day! ;) :)

Sue Nov 24th 2005 3:51 pm

I know, until I scrolled down the page I thought someone had hijacked his username!

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Phew! Don't do that man, you almost gave me a heart attack. :D

Ray Nov 24th 2005 4:13 pm

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

HERE THE RAY VERSION

....the mess to clean after Thanksgiving dinner because it means Joyce has not got to it yet

....the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I eat far too much

....my shadow who watches me rest because it means I am out in the
spa ..having a soak

....a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because Joyce has not got to it yet

....the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot.. I look at.. and keep driving around until I find one by the store door

....all the complaining about our government because it means we have freedom of speech. unless you mention any of the cover-ups

....my large heating bill because it means Joyce still want the A/C on in November

....the loads of laundry and ironing because it means Joyce has not got to it yet

....weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I am lying through my teeth about that.

....and your friendship.
I don't give a toss if you have a wonderful Thanksgiving..but thank you for giving me another years worth of bullshit and crap ... I loved it ..