Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I am a TEMP - will this cause problems?

I am a TEMP - will this cause problems?

Old Apr 27th 2002, 1:10 am
I Am The Walrus

Default I am a TEMP - will this cause problems?

I posted this previously but got no replies. We're just about ready to finally submit
all of our paperwork and I'm a little concerned on the financials. I've made well
over the 125% minimums for the past 3 years, but now I'm working as a temp (temp to
hire, but still a temp right now). Will this cause any problems? Should I ask a
family member to co-sponsor my wife?

Thanks

Paul

Old Apr 27th 2002, 11:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am a TEMP - will this cause problems?

Your working as a temp will cause a problem only because it is not permanent employment. After your marriage and when you file for AOS include the co-sponsor's affidavit as well as your own. If you are lucky, by the time you interview for AOS you and your spouse will both be working in permanent positions and can submit a new I-864 and eliminate the co-sponsors.
Old Apr 27th 2002, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am a TEMP - will this cause problems?

It's a good idea to have a co-sponsor lined up. If the consulate/INS have problems accepting your I-864 alone, then the co-sponsor's can be whipped out at the interview.

Past earnings are only part of the support for the I-864. They are also interested (probably more so) in current and future earnings. A lot will depend on the type of industry you are in and in your qualifications, I think.