Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I am so confused please help

I am so confused please help

Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Koshinogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am so confused please help

Hi, I am new to this forum and in desperate need of some help.
I would like to move to the USA (North Carolina) to live/work, I am a qualified Veterinary Nurse in the UK and my husband is not currently qualified but training in AutoCad, I think I can get a work visa but he would have to be on a spouse visa, which would drive him crazy, we thought about opening our own business which would be great, Any advice? I've trailed through the embassy website and various others for information on and off for the last 2 years but seem no further ahead, I've had 3 job offers too but its getting there.
Thanks =)
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am so confused please help

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You could chase up an H1 visa, don't know how you'd get qualified over here though, but there's a couple of vets that might be able to help....but anyway, H1 opens up April 1st, gets filled up by end of day and you wouldn't be able to start till Oct, unless your looking for a job at a uni or something else that isn't under the capped quota

A cad monkey doesn't bring in that much money over here, more if you temp, but theres' some good places out in NC, though really for experienced monkies, tough to crack otherwise, and make contacts, linkedin and all that...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would a Vetenary Nurse qualify for a H1?

Would a Vet wish to incurr the costs and hassle etc? Round where I am they are not well paid.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Would a Vetenary Nurse qualify for a H1?

Would a Vet wish to incurr the costs and hassle etc? Round where I am they are not well paid.
that's true, and around here, ten a penny and all...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:08 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Koshinogi
I've trailed through the embassy website and various others for information on and off for the last 2 years but seem no further ahead, I've had 3 job offers too but its getting there.
There's a reason you have studied diligently and not found a solution -- there is no easy solution. Try OZ or NZ.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You could chase up an H1 visa...
The sad thing though, is that hubby would end up with an H4... and would *never* be allowed to work in the US. He'd need his own work visa if he wanted to work.

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The sad thing though, is that hubby would end up with an H4... and would *never* be allowed to work in the US. He'd need his own work visa if he wanted to work.

Ian
and as a cad monkey, that's unlikely either, design/engineering on top would help, ProE with decent Ansys experience would help find a job, but not much help with the visa...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

we really wanted to open a boarding kennels/doggy daycare centre (yes i know there are alot) but hydrotherapy is part of my quals im also a nutritionalist and qualified to teach dunno if this makes much difference, Kosh ps thanks so far
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

we really wanted to open a boarding kennels/doggy daycare centre (yes i know there are alot) but hydrotherapy is part of my quals im also a nutritionalist and qualified to teach dunno if this makes much difference, Kosh ps thanks so far
Then you may want to look at the E-2 investment visa
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:37 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
There's a reason you have studied diligently and not found a solution -- there is no easy solution. Try OZ or NZ.
I'm in NZ. Not sure how much CAD work there is here, though the NZIS SMC (Skilled Migrant Category) stream is a good place to start, along with a great job site. Just a little FYI, you'll want to do a search using "IT&T" - Information Technology & Telecommunications. I found two hits when I searched on "CAD" in "IT&T" across all of NZ. Here's the first one and here's the second one.

However, as every "been there, done that" migrant will tell you, wanting to leave the UK is really not a good reason to emigrate. Instead, the pull to another country and wanting to be there instead is a better way to go. Hope that makes sense. (ie. make sure you do a recce trip first if at all possible! )

Last edited by Maz; Mar 28th 2008 at 9:49 am.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

thanks everybody, I checked out some vets around the area I want to go to and I emailed one practice my CV, reply back the following day turns out they have 2 english grad vets working there and are really happy with quality of uk training, also there are not enough RVT's in the area, so they said they would be willing to sponser me - EXCELLENT, so now just what to do about husband, I think he wants to be a house husband(not a chance) gonna look into either him buying a business or him going to college in US,(if its an option) again thankyou
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everybody, I checked out some vets around the area I want to go to and I emailed one practice my CV, reply back the following day turns out they have 2 english grad vets working there and are really happy with quality of uk training, also there are not enough RVT's in the area, so they said they would be willing to sponser me - EXCELLENT, so now just what to do about husband, I think he wants to be a house husband(not a chance) gonna look into either him buying a business or him going to college in US,(if its an option) again thankyou
If you're coming on an H1B, your husband will have an H4 and won't be able to work, so never mind buying a business. College would be the way to go, although it would cost an arm and a leg, probably.

Unless you were thinking of him buying a business and getting an investment visa, separate from your own work visa.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody can offer to sponsor ..that not the problem
getting a visa is ....
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you're coming on an H1B, your husband will have an H4 and won't be able to work, so never mind buying a business. College would be the way to go, although it would cost an arm and a leg, probably.

Unless you were thinking of him buying a business and getting an investment visa, separate from your own work visa.

Rene
Also, again if this is for an H1B, the employer has literally 2 days to get your petition submitted, with the hope that it will be looked at and accepted, for a start date of October 2008.

Or would this be for something other than H1B?

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.