British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I am moving to the USA!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-am-moving-usa-483474/)

Boulder Oct 11th 2007 10:38 pm

Re: I am moving to the USA!!!

Originally Posted by welshy45 (Post 5369064)
I've been reading back on some of this thread and I wish you well Boulder. I have just arrived back from the UK and now I'm missing home so much. Different strokes for different folks as they say. It's been 17 years since I left the UK. Everything keeps moving on and friends move away as we get older by the day. I just felt like I fitted back in there like I never left. Living there could be some hard adjustments. The reality sets in... Have I changed? Will I manage the financial side to start a new life back in my homeland? (I'm not rich) but comfortable.

I wish you well and much happiness in your new country. I just got a taste of how beautiful my old country actually is.

Thank you and good luck to you also :)

cassandra_trotter Oct 12th 2007 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Boulder (Post 5353515)
I am in shock right now! After years and years of wanting to live in the US, my husband has been offered a job and we are off in the next few months. We have a lawyer that is handling it all for us from the US (linked to the company) and it is apparantly going to go smoothly. I hope so! :eek:

I just want to thank everyone for the advice I have had here. I don't post often but I do read lots which has been so helpful. We were planning on going to Canada (as it is easier to go there) but now this has come through, we are completely stoked.

We are going to be so busy these next few months but I don't care about that! LOL

Anyway! I just wanted to share my good news. :thumbsup:

watch out for the takehome pay:eek:

Tracym Oct 12th 2007 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by cassandra_trotter (Post 5415952)
watch out for the takehome pay:eek:

Somehow I suspect that if her husband's company has gone to the bother to use alawyer and bring him over to the US, he is probably not a mimnimum wage worker (and probably asked about that minor detail before he agreed to come).

Oh wait - minimum wage workers can't BE transferred over here. Gee.... he must be a professional of some sort...

Boulder Oct 18th 2007 11:19 am

The money is good for us and more than what we get here by quite a way. We will be able to live comfortably so we are happy.

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 18th 2007 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Boulder (Post 5439654)
The money is good for us and more than what we get here by quite a way. We will be able to live comfortably so we are happy.

Somebody mention Boulder?

snowbunny Oct 18th 2007 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 5439977)

:rofl:

about bloody time!

Boulder Oct 18th 2007 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 5439977)

Boulder :)

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 20th 2007 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Boulder (Post 5441888)
Boulder :)

so what would you like to know about Boulder?.