Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I am moving to the USA!!!

I am moving to the USA!!!

Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am moving to the USA!!!

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Glad your hubby is getting some good benefits from his employer, but unless those benefits pay 100% of his medical bills (good luck), he will be dealing with co-pays, and other stuff. Its a minefield out there as you will unfortunately learn.
Well - with good insurance co-pays usually aren't outrageous. She should be okay. And if concerned there are options to take out supplemental insurance.

Also - if you've worked before and are laid off, unemployment pay is typically available.

You can do it Boulder - glad you're so excited.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

welshy45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boulder
No, that was not me. I have been in England the whole time. Not for much longer though
I've been reading back on some of this thread and I wish you well Boulder. I have just arrived back from the UK and now I'm missing home so much. Different strokes for different folks as they say. It's been 17 years since I left the UK. Everything keeps moving on and friends move away as we get older by the day. I just felt like I fitted back in there like I never left. Living there could be some hard adjustments. The reality sets in... Have I changed? Will I manage the financial side to start a new life back in my homeland? (I'm not rich) but comfortable.

I wish you well and much happiness in your new country. I just got a taste of how beautiful my old country actually is.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:31 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Boulder again and I remembered you.. I thought I'd let you know to make you jealous ..
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Well - with good insurance co-pays usually aren't outrageous. She should be okay. And if concerned there are options to take out supplemental insurance.

Also - if you've worked before and are laid off, unemployment pay is typically available.

You can do it Boulder - glad you're so excited.
Thanks so much
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anabella
I'm in Boulder again and I remembered you.. I thought I'd let you know to make you jealous ..
Now that is just plain cruel!! LOL
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshy45
I've been reading back on some of this thread and I wish you well Boulder. I have just arrived back from the UK and now I'm missing home so much. Different strokes for different folks as they say. It's been 17 years since I left the UK. Everything keeps moving on and friends move away as we get older by the day. I just felt like I fitted back in there like I never left. Living there could be some hard adjustments. The reality sets in... Have I changed? Will I manage the financial side to start a new life back in my homeland? (I'm not rich) but comfortable.

I wish you well and much happiness in your new country. I just got a taste of how beautiful my old country actually is.
Thank you and good luck to you also
Old Oct 12th 2007, 7:15 am
Account Closed

cassandra_trotter is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in shock right now! After years and years of wanting to live in the US, my husband has been offered a job and we are off in the next few months. We have a lawyer that is handling it all for us from the US (linked to the company) and it is apparantly going to go smoothly. I hope so!

I just want to thank everyone for the advice I have had here. I don't post often but I do read lots which has been so helpful. We were planning on going to Canada (as it is easier to go there) but now this has come through, we are completely stoked.

We are going to be so busy these next few months but I don't care about that! LOL

Anyway! I just wanted to share my good news.
watch out for the takehome pay
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cassandra_trotter
watch out for the takehome pay
Somehow I suspect that if her husband's company has gone to the bother to use alawyer and bring him over to the US, he is probably not a mimnimum wage worker (and probably asked about that minor detail before he agreed to come).

Oh wait - minimum wage workers can't BE transferred over here. Gee.... he must be a professional of some sort...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

The money is good for us and more than what we get here by quite a way. We will be able to live comfortably so we are happy.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The money is good for us and more than what we get here by quite a way. We will be able to live comfortably so we are happy.
Somebody mention Boulder?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:03 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

about bloody time!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler

Boulder
Old Oct 20th 2007, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Boulder
so what would you like to know about Boulder?.