Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I am moving to the USA!!!

I am moving to the USA!!!

Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all
Default Re: I am moving to the USA!!!

Originally Posted by TruBrit
oh i'm fine, no worries

i like texas and the usa, infact i love skiing in beaver creek, we've had some great hols there but that doesn't mean i want to live in any of those places, holidays are one thing and living another.
I am glad you are fine. Where would you like to live most?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boulder
I am glad you are fine. Where would you like to live most?
home is england for me with lots of holidays to all the fine places. i've travelled the world and appreciate what the uk has to offer overall.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
No you ain't.
today is a better day

plus i'm going home soon for a month and then again for xmas
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

home is england for me with lots of holidays to all the fine places. i've travelled the world and appreciate what the uk has to offer overall.
Oh I see!! I just read what SnowBunny said also. You really do have to follow your heart. England has not been home to me for a long time. Going to CO and being with our friends is like going home to us. Can you not leave and come back to England?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Can you not leave and come back to England?
for sure, it's all in the plans

have you ever lived away from the uk?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

for sure, it's all in the plans

have you ever lived away from the uk?
Good for you!

Yes, I have lived in Italy for a while. The US , I have lived there 6months at a time ( a few times)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Good for you!

Yes, I have lived in Italy for a while. The US , I have lived there 6months at a time ( a few times)
that's good, it won't be such an upheaval for you.

i love italy and the lakes and the amalphi coast, not to live but to vacation there is so nice...i miss not being close to europe, everything is so far away here, at least it's not dingo land... now that is defo too far away from civilization
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

that's good, it won't be such an upheaval for you.

i love italy and the lakes and the amalphi coast, not to live but to vacation there is so nice...i miss not being close to europe, everything is so far away here, at least it's not dingo land... now that is defo too far away from civilization
I feel like it wont be too much of an upheaval. I think because not only have we done it to a smaller extent before but having friends there will help heaps. I can't imagine doing that alone!

Italy is nice although like you, would not want to live there. I wont miss Europe to be honest but the UK will always be special to me.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:24 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much. Wow! You are there now.. lol I cannot wait to be there. All that sunshine and skiing too!
yeah its a tough life but someone has to live it; its a hard thing to wake up one winter's morning and contemplate which resort to go skiing for the day... decisions, decisions, decisions!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
yeah its a tough life but someone has to live it; its a hard thing to wake up one winter's morning and contemplate which resort to go skiing for the day... decisions, decisions, decisions!
LOL I bet!! When I was in CO, I would be happy all the time. It didn't matter how cold it was, the sun was out and the sky was blue. AND those rockies!!!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: I am moving to the USA!!!

I am in shock right now! After years and years of wanting to live in the US, my husband has been offered a job and we are off in the next few months. We have a lawyer that is handling it all for us from the US (linked to the company) and it is apparantly going to go smoothly. I hope so!

I just want to thank everyone for the advice I have had here. I don't post often but I do read lots which has been so helpful. We were planning on going to Canada (as it is easier to go there) but now this has come through, we are completely stoked.

We are going to be so busy these next few months but I don't care about that! LOL

Anyway! I just wanted to share my good news.
Congrats on your move to CO. When you get here I am sure it will be all shiny and new for you, but when the novelty wears off, you will see the real America, and it may shock you.

Do not get sick here, we have no NHS to help you, no unemployment pay, none of the things which the UK has to offer. Life here is good, but when things go wrong it can be very hard indeed. Colorado is a beautiful state, I am sure you will enjoy it.

When do you fly out?

Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:33 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! We are going to Colorado. There is where we always wanted to go and so this really is a dream for us.
Are you moving to Boulder? A nice place indeed, I was there last weekend

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Am I having Deja Vu? I thought we had a "Boulder" who moved to Colorado???
I think you are thinking of Boiler? He lives in Boulder too..

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Poor us .. living in God's country..

LOL I bet!! When I was in CO, I would be happy all the time. It didn't matter how cold it was, the sun was out and the sky was blue. AND those rockies!!!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anabella

Poor us .. living in God's country..

excuse me while i throw up
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:40 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I bet!!... AND those rockies!!!

Make no mistake - they're rocky alright!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:42 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

excuse me while i throw up
Perhaps she just meant Colorado because she can't have meant here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.