Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I am moving to the USA!!!

I am moving to the USA!!!

Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all
Default I am moving to the USA!!!

I am in shock right now! After years and years of wanting to live in the US, my husband has been offered a job and we are off in the next few months. We have a lawyer that is handling it all for us from the US (linked to the company) and it is apparantly going to go smoothly. I hope so!

I just want to thank everyone for the advice I have had here. I don't post often but I do read lots which has been so helpful. We were planning on going to Canada (as it is easier to go there) but now this has come through, we are completely stoked.

We are going to be so busy these next few months but I don't care about that! LOL

Anyway! I just wanted to share my good news.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am moving to the USA!!!

Originally Posted by Boulder
I am in shock right now!

if you're in shock now, wait until you get here

btw good luck!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

LOL I love it there!! I have spent long periods there but have always wanted it to be permanent. It has been my dream but I really had given it up recently as I thought it was not going to happen. We had even applied for Canada and were waiting on that. This came out of the blue.

Thanks TrueBrit
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I love it there!! I have spent long periods there but have always wanted it to be permanent. It has been my dream but I really had given it up recently as I thought it was not going to happen. We had even applied for Canada and were waiting on that. This came out of the blue.

Thanks TrueBrit
Congratulations...where in the US are you hoping to move to?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

Thanks TrueBrit
i'd spent long periods here before moving however it's definately not the same as visiting, nowhere is.

what part of the usa are you locating to?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Congratulations...where in the US are you hoping to move to?
Thanks! We are going to Colorado. There is where we always wanted to go and so this really is a dream for us.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'd spent long periods here before moving however it's definately not the same as visiting, nowhere is.

what part of the usa are you locating to?
Colorado. We have friends there too which makes it easier.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

Colorado. We have friends there too which makes it easier.
well that sounds perfick!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! We are going to Colorado. There is where we always wanted to go and so this really is a dream for us.
Anabella lives out there. I'm sure having friends here will help you settle in easier.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
well that sounds perfick!

Thanks!! I can't stop smiling!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Anabella lives out there. I'm sure having friends here will help you settle in easier.
I reckon so too. We speak with our friends daily so we are very close to them. Thank you
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:46 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, and congratulations! Colorado is very beautiful...

So what month do you think you'll be moving to Colorado? Maybe sometime this winter?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Hello, and congratulations! Colorado is very beautiful...

So what month do you think you'll be moving to Colorado? Maybe sometime this winter?
Thank you! Yes, it should be sometime in the winter. I am not sure at this point when we will find out for sure.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

At least she'll get a good hair cut Welcome Newbie.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by britvic
At least she'll get a good hair cut Welcome Newbie.
She's not a newbie...she's been a member longer than you or I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.