Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-94 relevance?

I-94 relevance?

Old Nov 29th 2015, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-94 relevance?

One month in as a CPR and it seems that bureaucracy is doing it's best to sweep me under the carpet!

Firstly USCIS entered my first name into their system as a combination of my first and second names, which was resolved and I'm now in possession of my new social Security Card
Once I'd managed to extract a SSN from the system I waltzed down to the DMV (again, as they were unable to proceed my driving licence application as a CPR without knowing my SSN. The card wasn't critical, they just needed the number).
This threw up a new issue (or is it?) on both visits, firstly for my driving licence and then when going back in to add motorcycle entitlement.
It would appear that, whilst my passport/visa has the most recent entry date stamp in it, the DHS have not electronically recorded my entry into the US on their I-94 records. My I-94 history goes as far as my departure from the US back in August but doesn't show my latest entry into the US (in October).

I've emailed the DHS query line but it advised that emails will take at least a month before a reply is sent. Is there likely to be anything that may be of a concern in the meantime? I'm not planning on leaving the country until early next year and, whilst the DMV were able to override the electronic records and use my passport details to issue a full term licence, is there any other part of officialdom that this may cause issues with? Sorting out health insurance is on the cards next week (suppose I ought to do some work too ) and I'm not sure what bearing up-to-date I-94 records might have, if any.

Or is it just that new immigrants fall off the I-94 as a regular thing when they first drop in and the system eventually catches up????
Old Nov 29th 2015, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94 relevance?

I-94 records are for visitors, including temporary residents such as L-1s. Immigrants, as permanent residents (whether conditional or not) don't get them.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
I-94 records are for visitors, including temporary residents such as L-1s. Immigrants, as permanent residents (whether conditional or not) don't get them.
Ta for the reply.
I wonder why the DMV office made such a song and dance about it? (They seemed quite knowledgeable about issuing aliens with licences in the office and were even giving a Chinese man and his interpreter one-to-one full time assistance when I went there to sit the written test)
Old Nov 29th 2015, 4:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
..... They seemed quite knowledgeable about issuing aliens with licences in the office .....
I suspect that is the problem, that they are trying to process you as an "alien", not a permanent resident.