Reload this Page >

I-751 required?

Wikiposts

I-751 required?

Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:30 am
Just Joined

tomster is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I-751 required?

I was married to a USC in 1985, and adjusted to permanent resident in 1986. A friend whose status was adjusted not long ago was telling me about form I-751, that he will need to file soon to remove the marriage condition from his green card.

I don't recall anything about this process at the time, and my I-551 card (the pinkish laminated one) does not list any conditions on it.

Do I need to file this form? Or is this a requirement that came along later on?

Thanks.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:01 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 required?

Originally Posted by tomster
I was married to a USC in 1985, and adjusted to permanent resident in 1986. A friend whose status was adjusted not long ago was telling me about form I-751, that he will need to file soon to remove the marriage condition from his green card.

I don't recall anything about this process at the time, and my I-551 card (the pinkish laminated one) does not list any conditions on it.

Do I need to file this form? Or is this a requirement that came along later on?

Thanks.
Does the card have a date on it when it expires? You'd be better off moving this to the marriage forum.