Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-751 (removal of the conditional)

I-751 (removal of the conditional)

Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice
Default I-751 (removal of the conditional)

Hello,

Today i recieved a letter from Newark New jersey, i would also like to mention that i have already received NOA (one year temp GC) right after march when i applied for I-751.
File Number#-------
New classification symbol: IR6

Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration receipt card (form I-551). To do so, appear in person at the Service office shown below. Bring your passport and three recent photos of the same type as of your present alien card(if needed, exact specifications may be obtained from the Service office). Your new allien registrtion receipt card will be mailed to your within six months. You should not travel outside the US before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsement from this Service indicating that your new card is being processed.

My question is, usually they mailed u 10 yrs green card but why they want me to visit and apply I-551 ???

How long it will take more, can they issue me GC on my appointment day ?

Can i travel on my NOA letter while i will be waiting for original 10 yrs GC.

Kindly let me know.

Thank
-Query
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:30 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 (removal of the conditional)

Standard procedure for removing conditions. Just do what they say. They'll probably take a fingerprint too. Get them to stamp your passport for travel while you're there. They'll mail your card.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:28 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

And when you get the new green card, the first time you travel outside of the states and get asked "what happened to your old card" tell them that it was destroyed by an INS officer when you had the I-751 conditions removed.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:45 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
And when you get the new green card, the first time you travel outside of the states and get asked "what happened to your old card" tell them that it was destroyed by an INS officer when you had the I-751 conditions removed.
Ah, you had that too, eh? Took me hours to get through immigration last time as they kept accusing me of having two green cards.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Standard procedure for removing conditions. Just do what they say. They'll probably take a fingerprint too. Get them to stamp your passport for travel while you're there. They'll mail your card.

Hello,

Like i said i applied for I-751 and my passport was already stamped last year and they sent me a green card, a month ago my green card got expired but in the mean time i already recieved NOA letter which was another one year green card since i applied I-751.

Why they wanna stamp my passport again ?
Why they are asking me to make an info pass ? cause usually they mail 10 yrs green card if they approved I-751.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Ah, you had that too, eh? Took me hours to get through immigration last time as they kept accusing me of having two green cards.
What happend when you went there ?
had you already applied I-751 and received this letter ???

Can you please tell me.

Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:24 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by query
What happend when you went there ?
had you already applied I-751 and received this letter ???

Can you please tell me.

Thanks
It's nothing bad, just that the language the automated INS official uses at the port of entry. They will ask you what happend to the original green card and the response they want is " It was destroyed by the INS official when I turned in my paperwork for the I-751 removal of restrictions".

This is what happend to me when I came through immigration:

Immigration official: Sir, is this a replacement Green Card?

Me: Yes. I had the restrictions removed from the old one

Immigration Official: And what happened to the old one Sir?

Me: As I said, the restriction were removed and it was replaced

Immigration Offical: But what happened to the old one Sir?

Me: I don't understand. I told you that it was replaced when I had the restrictions removed.

Immigration Official: But where is the old card Sir? Where did it go?

Me: Oh it was destroyed by the INS agent when I turned in my paperwork for the removal of restrictions.

Immigration Official: Thank you Sir.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

It's nothing bad, just that the language the automated INS official uses at the port of entry. They will ask you what happend to the original green card and the response they want is " It was destroyed by the INS official when I turned in my paperwork for the I-751 removal of restrictions".

This is what happend to me when I came through immigration:

Immigration official: Sir, is this a replacement Green Card?

Me: Yes. I had the restrictions removed from the old one

Immigration Official: And what happened to the old one Sir?

Me: As I said, the restriction were removed and it was replaced

Immigration Offical: But what happened to the old one Sir?

Me: I don't understand. I told you that it was replaced when I had the restrictions removed.

Immigration Official: But where is the old card Sir? Where did it go?

Me: Oh it was destroyed by the INS agent when I turned in my paperwork for the removal of restrictions.

Immigration Official: Thank you Sir.
Thanks !!

As i have the old one as well but not valid it just expired in june and i also applied for I-751 in March and i guess with in a week i recieved NOA which was one year green card till 2007 (march).

Why my letter says i cant travel until i dont get my card ?? I have NOA letter which says it's my GC till next year 2007.

Also, did you get your 10 yrs GC and after how long when you visited INS ?

Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:37 pm
Slight chance of Showers

Thanks !!

As i have the old one as well but not valid it just expired in june and i also applied for I-751 in March and i guess with in a week i recieved NOA which was one year green card till 2007 (march).

Why my letter says i cant travel until i dont get my card ?? I have NOA letter which says it's my GC till next year 2007.

Also, did you get your 10 yrs GC and after how long when you visited INS ?

Thanks
Not sure about the travelling part so will leave that to others who may have had experience. It didn't take long to get my new green card, maybe 2-3 weeks IIRC.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone has been gone through all this process ???

Any experience ??

I am still wondering why they want me to make an info pass and letter says i cant travel, however i have recent NOA which i recieved right after when i applied i-751.

Thanks
-Query

Last edited by query; Jul 25th 2006 at 4:05 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

alflaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure about the travelling part so will leave that to others who may have had experience. It didn't take long to get my new green card, maybe 2-3 weeks IIRC.
The Notice of Action should read that you are granted an extension of one year and that travel and employment ARE authorized. In the meantime hold onto your now expired card.

After biometrics are recorded cards are being issued in about 2 - 4 weeks.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alflaw
The Notice of Action should read that you are granted an extension of one year and that travel and employment ARE authorized. In the meantime hold onto your now expired card.

After biometrics are recorded cards are being issued in about 2 - 4 weeks.
I though Bimetrics is medical and since i already applied for I-751 and according to my above letter i posted earlier they approved it..

why do i need biometrics again ???
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

might want to post in the visa section or have the thread moved for some more answers..
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

alflaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I though Bimetrics is medical and since i already applied for I-751 and according to my above letter i posted earlier they approved it..

Biometrics is fingerprints and full face digital photo.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:49 am
Powder Maggot

They always make you do this for I-751. Always. You're not renewing a card - you're getting a new one entirely. They destroy the old card at the appointment (which also cancels the extension letter you have). So then they give you a passport stamp to cover you until the new card gets mailed to you (like they did with the original AOS interview). Make sure you get the stamp if you're going somewhere (or changing jobs) - they don't always give it unless you ask. The stamp is for six months, but my new card only took about two weeks.

Just make the appointment and go - you have to do it and they don't charge you this time (for once).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.