British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   i-751 question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-751-question-386847/)

query Jul 25th 2006 6:00 pm

i-751 question

Hello,

Today i recieved a letter from Newark New jersey, i would also like to mention that i have already received NOA (one year temp GC) right after march when i applied for I-751.
File Number#-------
New classification symbol: IR6

Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration receipt card (form I-551). To do so, appear in person at the Service office shown below. Bring your passport and three recent photos of the same type as of your present alien card(if needed, exact specifications may be obtained from the Service office). Your new allien registrtion receipt card will be mailed to your within six months. You should not travel outside the US before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsement from this Service indicating that your new card is being processed.

My question are, usually they mailed 10 yrs green card but why they want me to visit and apply I-551 ???

do they issue GC on appointment day ?

Can i travel on my NOA (issued right after when i filed I-751) letter while i will be waiting for original 10 yrs GC.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

scrubbedexpat099 Jul 25th 2006 6:32 pm

Re: i-751 question

GC is posted.

I would g :beer: et the stamp if you want to travel.

query Jul 25th 2006 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
GC is posted.

I would g :beer: et the stamp if you want to travel.

didn't undersrtand (cause of beer action ??) ???????

query Jul 25th 2006 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by query
didn't undersrtand (cause of beer action ??) ???????

ignore my earlier message !!!

AdobePinon Jul 26th 2006 1:55 am

For goodness sake, man. Pull yourself together. :D It's all standard procedure - just do it, there is nothing wrong. They don't mail you a new card until you've done this.

syllk Jul 26th 2006 2:05 am

And the point of starting a new thread, with reworded (but essentially the same) questions is?

Kindly let me know.

Jerseygirl Jul 26th 2006 2:07 am

Originally Posted by syllk
And the point of starting a new thread, with reworded, but essentially the same, questions, is?

Kindly let me know.

Glad you asked...I've been wondering about that too. :confused:

Just Jenney Jul 26th 2006 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by query
Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved.

What I'm wondering is, did USCIS ever cash your $205 check for this application? As recently as June 27 this hasn't happened, but now you're saying that your I-751 application has been approved.

If it hasn't been cashed yet, are you going to contact USCIS and let them know that some other poor soul out there actually paid for your I-751 by mistake?

Inquiring minds want to know...

~ Jenney

query Jul 27th 2006 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
What I'm wondering is, did USCIS ever cash your $205 check for this application? As recently as June 27 this hasn't happened, but now you're saying that your I-751 application has been approved.

If it hasn't been cashed yet, are you going to contact USCIS and let them know that some other poor soul out there actually paid for your I-751 by mistake?

Inquiring minds want to know...

~ Jenney

check has been cashed