Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

i-485 interview date

i-485 interview date

Old May 9th 2006, 9:37 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of
Default i-485 interview date

I've just had notification of my interview date ... June 19th!

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

Old May 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-485 interview date

Good luck to you, I'm sure it'll be fine!
Old May 9th 2006, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by smeg

Take along some photo's of your wedding, if you married an American citizen here in the states.

You also need proof the marriage is on-going, so joint bank account, mortgage info, and as much other stuff as you can bring to the interview.

My interview was fairly straight forward, they did'nt ask me much, but you will have to swear than everything you say is true.

I am sure you will do fine. Good Luck, tell us how it goes OK!!
Old May 9th 2006, 10:00 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!!! Hope it goes fine
Old May 9th 2006, 10:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations All the best
Old May 9th 2006, 11:09 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Take along some photo's of your wedding, if you married an American citizen here in the states.

You also need proof the marriage is on-going, so joint bank account, mortgage info, and as much other stuff as you can bring to the interview.

My interview was fairly straight forward, they did'nt ask me much, but you will have to swear than everything you say is true.

I am sure you will do fine. Good Luck, tell us how it goes OK!!
We did, I'm taking those, the honeymoon pics, before pics, bills, insurance info, joint residence info, rental agreements etc etc etc etc

the more the merrier
Old May 10th 2006, 2:02 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

We did, I'm taking those, the honeymoon pics, before pics, bills, insurance info, joint residence info, rental agreements etc etc etc etc

the more the merrier
It's allways much better to bring too much stuff than not enough.

Although having said that, when I applied for my spouse visa in London we even got a court record for a traffic accident. However the damned court clerk just photocopied the page from the court book and it had two court records on it. The top one was for my traffic offence, the bottom one was for somebody elses Drug dealing offence. The immigration officer did a double take when he saw that document!
Old May 11th 2006, 4:58 pm
Paul

Originally Posted by dan_alford
It's allways much better to bring too much stuff than not enough.

Although having said that, when I applied for my spouse visa in London we even got a court record for a traffic accident. However the damned court clerk just photocopied the page from the court book and it had two court records on it. The top one was for my traffic offence, the bottom one was for somebody elses Drug dealing offence. The immigration officer did a double take when he saw that document!
Fortunately I don't have to deal with anything like that! :scared:
Old May 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: i-485 interview date

Fortunately I don't have to deal with anything like that! :scared:
Me neither thankfully. Carol does'nt want to settle in the UK, just wants to go for occasional holidays and possibly meet my family, whats left of it. Saturday I go to get my fingerprints taken for my green card. I just hope they give me the full 10 year one, and not the temporary one. My 2nd wedding anniversary follows on the 22nd of May.

:scared:
Old May 11th 2006, 5:20 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither thankfully. Carol does'nt want to settle in the UK, just wants to go for occasional holidays and possibly meet my family, whats left of it. Saturday I go to get my fingerprints taken for my green card. I just hope they give me the full 10 year one, and not the temporary one. My 2nd wedding anniversary follows on the 22nd of May.

You're having your fingerprints done after you've had your appointment? That's a bit weird isn't it? I thought they always did it before, so they could complete the fingerprint background check?
Old May 11th 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

Question Re: i-485 interview date

Originally Posted by Partystar
You're having your fingerprints done after you've had your appointment? That's a bit weird isn't it? I thought they always did it before, so they could complete the fingerprint background check?
Well I had my interview first, and they told me my green card would follow after the FBI check. Now you have me wondering if the fingerprints are part of the FBI check. I will know more on Saturday I am sure.

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 11th 2006, 5:25 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had my interview first, and they told me my green card would follow after the FBI check. Now you have me wondering if the fingerprints are part of the FBI check. I will know more on Saturday I am sure.

The fingerprints are checked by the FBI, as far as i know
Old May 11th 2006, 5:26 pm
Back where I belong!

Sorry, didn't mean to worry you , everything will be fine!
Old May 11th 2006, 6:09 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, might be touch and go on the full 10 year one. Would be bloody stupid if they gave it to you and you had to give it back to them straight away to remove the restriction. Then again, this is a government agency we are talking about!