Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-485/131/765 - Important Help!

I-485/131/765 - Important Help!

Old Aug 18th 2002, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

juz4forums is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-485/131/765-URGENT IMPORTANT HELP.

Hi,

I was working for a company(X) and they applied for me the final stage i.e. I-485,I-131- & I-765. But soon after applying after 2 months I got laid off. But before i got laid of i got the approval for I-131 i.e. the parole document. The attorney also said they will withdraw from petion given on behalf of me and my wife for the 3rd stage of green card processing.

After that i have changed my residence and did't check my status on fo I-485 and I-765. I thought they are not going to be approved by ins for two reasons :
(1) since i am not employed with (X) company i.e. not even 180 days which is the minumum the INS wants me to be employed with the X company.
(2) More over my attonery with X company sent a letter to the INS which stated that they withdrew from my petition and i also got a copy of it.

After that casually i check last week on I-485/765 status just to check whats its status like they have cancelled or withdrew my petion, TO MY LUCKY I WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS. THAT INS HAVE APPROVED MY PETITION BOTH FOR 485 AND 765. THEY HAVE ALSO SENT ON FEB'2002 ASKING ME TO APPEAR FOR FINGURE PRINTS. Also they have sent the I-765 approval notice. But to my unfortunate since i was at new address i d't receive them.

SO IS THEIR ANY WAY I CAN GO BACK AND GET THOSE 485 AND 765 WHICH IS APPROVED FOR ME FROM MY PREV. EMPLOYER AND PENDING TO ME. So i that i can ask my current employer attorney to talk with them or I SHOULD DIRECTLY TALK WITH THEM BECAUSE I HEARD THAT LAST STAGE IS DIRECTLY HELD BETWEEN THE PETIONER AND THE INS, COMPANY MIGHT NOT INTERERFER IN THAT.

SO NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO. I am currently working for some other employer , who have applied h1b and h4 on behalf of me and my wife for them.

Please help me and advice.

Thanks and Regards
Manish.

Last edited by juz4forums; Aug 18th 2002 at 10:26 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2002, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-485/131/765 - Important Help!

Originally posted by psmanish:
Hi,

I was working for a company and they applied for me the final stage i.e. I-485,I-131- & I-765. But soon after applying after 2 months I got laid off. The attorney also said they will withdraw from petion given on behalf of me and my wife for the 3rd stage of green card processing.

But before i got laid of i got the approval for I-131 i.e. the parole document. After that i have changed my residence and did't check my status on fo I-485 and I-765. I thought they are not going to be approved by ins since i am not employed with current employer and attorney also withdrew from my petition.

After that i checked last week just like that, TO MY LUCKY I WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR THAT IS (A GOOD NEWS ) THAT INS HAVE APPROVED MY PETITION BOTH FOR 485 AND 765. THEY HAVE ALSO SENT ON FEB'2002 ASKING ME TO APPEAR FOR FINGURE PRINTS. Also they have sent the I-765 approval notice. But to my unfortunate since i was at new address i d't receive them.

SO IS THEIR ANY WAY I CAN GO BACK AND GET THOSE 485 AND 765 WHICH IS APPROVED FOR ME FROM MY PREV. EMPLOYER AND PENDING TO ME.

SO NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO. I am currently working for some other employer , who have applied h1b and h4 on behalf of me and my wife for them.

Please help me and advice.

Thanks and Regards
Manish.
My 2 cents.
-Try contacting previous employer/attorney for your file. If they provide that to you give it to new attorney and let him/her know your situation.
-If they don't provide your file to you, inform the new attorney the situation.
-If none of those people help you, hire another attorney.

The INS might already cancelled out your LPR petition since you didn't show up for fingerprint appointment. However, an attorney might be able to represent you and explain the situation to INS. If luck is on yourside you don't have to go through the whole process again.