Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-140 & 485 - how long is it taking for Nebraska to mail the receipt and the EAD???

I-140 & 485 - how long is it taking for Nebraska to mail the receipt and the EAD???

Old Oct 29th 2002, 6:36 am
Just Joined

meena_maruthaia is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face I-140 & 485 - how long is it taking for Nebraska to mail the receipt and the EAD???

Hi All,

Our family's I140 & 485 were sent together on 10/14/02 to Nebraska Service Center. So, I applied for a job saying I had EAD. I thought that I will get my receipt in a week and then it was up to me to get the EAD. Unfortunately or fourtunately, I got an offer the next couple of days from a company and also the news of EADs not being issued in Local INS offices anymore. I don't think I will get such an oppurtunity again in this kind of dull market.

I don't know when I will receive my receipts and even if I get it, I don't think I have any use of it, because I still have to wait for the Nebraska Service Center to send my EAD. Combining the filing of I140 & 485 was a good idea but it seems to indirectly cause some delays in other stuffs. Atleast previously, once having filed 485 and having got the receipt, one had the freedom of applying for EAD anytime he wanted in his local INS office, but now that also has fallen into the hands of the Service Centers. I think they are having processing times for that too.

I dont' know what to do with this job oppurtunity I've got. When do you think they will send the receipt? Do you think I'll get my EAD atleast by the end of November??? Does anyone have an idea of what's going on in Nebraska Service Center? It will be great if someone can help me some ideas and their relevant experience.

Thanks...