British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I-134 Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-134-question-109803/)

andyjbilton Jul 24th 2002 6:37 pm

I-134 Question

My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?

Thank you!
Andy

Mrtravel Jul 24th 2002 9:20 pm

Re: I-134 Question

They fill out another I-134 and supply the documentation. Note, the documentation
must include proof of citizenship or permanent resident status.

andyjbilton wrote:
    >
    > My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone
    > else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to
    > the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?
    >
    > Thank you! Andy
    >
    > --

The Mallrat Jul 24th 2002 11:20 pm

Hi Andy, I am currently awaiting my K-1 interview, and my fiancee too does not meet
the requirements as she has only just graduated college. Her Mom has filled in the
I-134 for me and got it notarised, as I will be living at her parents' house to begin
with. I think that as long as the person is a US resident and fills the form in as an
oath that they will support you then it is fine. If in any doubt, I would reccomend
calling the embassy.

Kind regards, Richard. "andyjbilton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone
    > else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to
    > the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?
    >
    > Thank you! Andy
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Rete Jul 25th 2002 12:24 am

Originally posted by andyjbilton
My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?

Thank you!
Andy

Both have to complete an affidavit of support (I-134). However, after marriage if you are all living in the same house, then your wife will complete the I-864 and the other member of the household with the qualifying income would complete the I-864A at the back of the I-864.

Note that the co-sponsor has to meet the financial requirements for a family their size plus you.

Rete

andyjbilton Jul 25th 2002 5:06 pm

Thanks for the help, guys!
Andy