I-134 affidavit question

I-134 affidavit question

Old Aug 2nd 2002, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 affidavit question

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice again!

I have read conflicting information about when the I-134 Affidavit needs to be filed in a K-1 application. Some people say that it should be filed with the I-129F, while others say it sould be sent to the fiance for the interview. as there are different requirements (tax returns etc) depending on the embassy you are interviewing at. I am applying through London.

Also, do I (UK) need to send my birth certificate for the I-129F or just the USC? And for the interview, Does my fiancee (USC) need to send copy of her passport or birth certificate?

Thanks,

Pete
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-134 affidavit question

Hi
I can only help you with one answer, as my visa was the I-130
(spousal visa - in Lodndon) and I'm not sure if there are any major differences.
However the affadavit of support is not needed until the interview.

good luck
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 10:20 pm
janesays

"PeteJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I have read conflicting information about when the I-134 Affidavit needs to be
    > filed in a K-1 application. Some people say that it should be filed with the
    > I-129F, while others say it sould be sent to the fiance for the interview. as there
    > are different requirements (tax returns etc) depending on the embassy you are
    > interviewing at. I am applying through London.

The I-134 affidavit is sent you for you interview, although apparently she can send
it straight to the embassy if she doesn't want you to see who much she is worth, but
since you are marrying her it may be a little weird not letting you see. As for
evidence I have been sent 3 years tax returns (Federal and State) a letter from my
girls employer stating how long she has been there and how much she is getting paid,
a letter from her bank manager saying how long she has had her account and the
average balance for the last year and a whole years worth of bank statements, only
because I read somewhere that they wanted a list of withdrawals and deposits into her
bank account and her bank cant tell her this and finally a copy of her stock
statement. This is perhaps too much, I haven't had my interview yet so I don't know
if this is enough.....yet another attack of nerves as I rush of to check my paperwork
for the 54th time!

> Also, do I (UK) need to send my birth certificate for the I-129F or just the USC?
    > And for the interview, Does my fiancee (USC) need to send copy of her passport or
    > birth certificate?

I never sent my birth certificate with the I-129F and ours got approved no problem
and as for the USC's birth certificate and passport for the interview, I certainly
hope not, my interview is on Tuesday and I don't them!

Alan (taking deep breaths and thinking calming thoughts)

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 2:20 am
Ben Johnson

"PeteJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have read conflicting information about when the I-134 Affidavit needs to be
    > filed in a K-1 application. Some people say that it should be filed with the
    > I-129F, while others say it sould be sent to the fiance for the interview. as there
    > are different requirements (tax returns etc) depending on the embassy you are
    > interviewing at. I am applying through London.

The I-134 absolutly DOES NOT need to be sent with an I-129F petition to the INS. If
the consulate uses them (some do not), then it will simply be needed to be presented
at the time of the interview there.

> Also, do I (UK) need to send my birth certificate for the I-129F or just the USC?
    > And for the interview, Does my fiancee (USC) need to send copy of her passport or
    > birth certificate?

You do not need to send in your birth certifificate with an I-129F (it is not called
for in the instructions) (have it handy at the interview, if requested) The USC does
not need to send the birth certificate unless they are using it as proof of
citizenship. The passport could be used for this.....so you really only need one or
the other for the USC.

Ben

Old Aug 4th 2002, 5:20 pm
Jimmy Perrine

Yes, you include too much if you included all that and are not self-employed or using
assets to qualify. Unless using assets, you don't include a bank statement or stock
info. Letter of employment is all that is necessary unless using asset. If the
consulate asks for tax returns, you can include those too. But they are not normally
asked for unless the Petitioner is self-employed.

--
Jimmy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "PeteJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > I have read conflicting information about when the I-134 Affidavit needs to be
    > > filed in a K-1 application. Some people say that it should be filed with the
    > > I-129F, while others say it sould be sent to the fiance for the interview. as
    > > there are different requirements (tax returns etc) depending on the embassy you
    > > are interviewing at. I am applying through London.
    >
    > The I-134 affidavit is sent you for you interview, although apparently she can send
    > it straight to the embassy if she doesn't want you to see who
much
    > she is worth, but since you are marrying her it may be a little weird not letting
    > you see. As for evidence I have been sent 3 years tax returns (Federal and State) a
    > letter from my girls employer stating how long she
has
    > been there and how much she is getting paid, a letter from her bank
manager
    > saying how long she has had her account and the average balance for the
last
    > year and a whole years worth of bank statements, only because I read somewhere that
    > they wanted a list of withdrawals and deposits into her
bank
    > account and her bank cant tell her this and finally a copy of her stock statement.
    > This is perhaps too much, I haven't had my interview yet so I don't know if this is
    > enough.....yet another attack of nerves as I rush of to check my paperwork for the
    > 54th time!
    >
    > > Also, do I (UK) need to send my birth certificate for the I-129F or just the USC?
    > > And for the interview, Does my fiancee (USC) need to send copy of her passport or
    > > birth certificate?
    >
    > I never sent my birth certificate with the I-129F and ours got approved no problem
    > and as for the USC's birth certificate and passport for the interview, I certainly
    > hope not, my interview is on Tuesday and I don't them!
    >
    > Alan (taking deep breaths and thinking calming thoughts)
    >