I-134

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:53 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

cjb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134

Hello, been a while........

Alls going well, just waiting for my fiance to gather paperwork for my evidence of support before I send my IV15 checklist down to London.........
My fiance doesnt meet the income requirements for the size of household we will be living in (will be 5 people including me) but her father does, so we have got him to fill out the I-134 and get his bank details........
What we are not sure about though is, does my fiance still need to fill out a I-134 and provide HER bank details even though it is her father who is essentially saying he will support me financially?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 13th 2002, 11:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: I-134

cjb wrote:
    > Alls going well, just waiting for my fiance to gather paperwork for my evidence of
    > support before I send my IV15 checklist down to London......... My fiance doesnt
    > meet the income requirements for the size of household we will be living in (will
    > be 5 people including me) but her father does, so we have got him to fill out the
    > I-134 and get his bank details........ What we are not sure about though is, does
    > my fiance still need to fill out a I-134 and provide HER bank details even though
    > it is her father who is essentially saying he will support me financially?
    >
Yes, you will need I-134 from EACH of them. The fiance or spouse is ALWAYS the
primary sponsor EVEN IF he/she does not meet the income requirements. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jul 13th 2002, 8:31 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

cjb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks........ok, they both need to fill out the 1-134......but will we need her bank and employment details also even though we are not relying on them?
Old Jul 13th 2002, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I had the same situation with my fiance, and we had her details, but the girl in front of me did not have all the details on here fiance and even though his mother was sponsoring also, they sent her away to get more info.

Better to be safe than sorry.

The guy at the embassy did tell her that he would accept faxes but I wouldn't rely on it
Old Jul 17th 2002, 6:20 pm
Johnson Pervis

employment YES. bank details? only if using ASSETS to qualify.

--
Johnson "cjb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks........ok, they both need to fill out the 1-134......but will we need her
    > bank and employment details also even though we are not relying on them?
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 18th 2002, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be living in a house with four people (myself, greg, my mom, mom's boyfriend), but will not be paying for them at all (if anything, they will helping us out if possible). Do I need to meet the income requirements for a houehold of four even though I will only be helping myself and greg? That would seem silly, but I am learning not to think that about since everything the INS does seems silly these days...