Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

i-131 application

i-131 application

Old Aug 30th 2002, 12:09 am
Just Joined

outbox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-131 application

my husband and i married back in April, 2002 - he's British, i'm a US citizen. we've done the adjustment of status, he's working with a valid work permit, we're waiting for the interview, etc... i'm assuming it means he has an adjustment of status application pending that we haven't had the interview yet.

we'd like to travel to the UK for the christmas holidays, so he supposedly needs to fill out the i-131.

so my question is this, do we need to apply for the Re-entry permit, or Advance Parole ???

the options state:

1. I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the US and I am applying for a Reentry Permit.

2. I am applying for an Advance Parole to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel.

i'm not even sure if he (my husband) is a conditional resident or not? or if his adjusment of status is still pending because we haven't had the interview yet.

if anyone has any experience with this and can answer my questions, it would be fantastic.

thanks so much!
Old Aug 30th 2002, 1:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-131 application

Originally posted by outbox:
so my question is this, do we need to apply for the Re-entry permit, or Advance Parole ???

Advance Parole. Re-entry are for permanent residents staying out of the US more than a year

the options state:

1. I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the US and I am applying for a Reentry Permit.

2. I am applying for an Advance Parole to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel.

number 2 is your answer

i'm not even sure if he (my husband) is a conditional resident or not? or if his adjusment of status is still pending because we haven't had the interview yet.

hubby isn't a resident as of yet - conditional or otherwise. His petition is pending as is his status

if anyone has any experience with this and can answer my questions, it would be fantastic.

thanks so much!
Make sure you apply for a multi-entry advance parole. No sense paying the money for a one time use article. In the area for date of travel put multi-trips for holidays and family visits.

You will need to include proof of his pending status, i.e. receipt from filing the I-485.

Rete