Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 RFE Question

I-130 RFE Question

Old May 11th 2001, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Gina_l is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband is a US citizen, and I am a Canadian citizen. We had submitted the I-130 petition in October/00. We received an RFE a few days ago. It stated that:
"You must submit a county or state issued United States birth certificate OR a non-expired United States passport, to prove your United States citizenship."

When we submitted our original petition a lady at US Immigration and Customs at the Calgary Airport actually photocopied my husbands US passport for us and told us that we did not need to send his actual passport in.

Now we got an RFE. Is the copy not good enough and they want the original or did they just somehow lose that copy? I am thinking they just lost they copy. My husband travels alot and he needs his passport and he doesn't feel too comfortable sending this in the mail especially to NSC.

We have an US consululate certified copy of his US passport but the RFE is so vague and would lead you to believe that only the original is acceptable. Anyhow any input on this would be great.