Reload this Page >

I-130 & Packet 3 different proposed address in USA

I-130 & Packet 3 different proposed address in USA

Old Mar 23rd 2002, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 & Packet 3 different proposed address in USA

Hi,

My wife filed my I-130 at the US Embassy in London in Jan 2002. As part of that we had to specify where we were planning on moving to. At that time it was going to be Puerto Rico (her parents house).

We have now just received Packet 3 and since filing the I-130 our circumstances have changed and we are planning on moving to Tampa Florida (although we may go to Puerto Rico first for a short visit).

When completing the pack 3 forms will it be Ok to now put an address that is in Tampa or should we stick with the address that was filed with the I-130.

Are there any forms that we should complete to say that our proposed address will now be in Tampa and not Puerto Rico.
Old Mar 23rd 2002, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 & Packet 3 different proposed address in USA

i have the same problem - i said i would be living in colorado, where as now i will be living in ohio. I rang the embassy and she said no problem - just tell the officer the day of the interview

hope that helps

gill
Old Mar 27th 2002, 5:30 am
Jb

Default Re: I-130 & Packet 3 different proposed address in USA

bwelburn wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > My wife filed my I-130 at the US Embassy in London in Jan 2002. As part of that we
    > had to specify where we were planning on moving to. At that time it was going to be
    > Puerto Rico (her parents house).
    >
    > We have now just received Packet 3 and since filing the I-130 our circumstances
    > have changed and we are planning on moving to Tampa Florida (although we may go to
    > Puerto Rico first for a short visit).
    >
    > When completing the pack 3 forms will it be Ok to now put an address that is in
    > Tampa or should we stick with the address that was filed with the I-130.

I would keep the original address you used and change adresses at the POE (if you
don't do it at the interview as someone else mentioned). When my wife arrived at
Newark (via DCF from London) we were asked if the address on the visa is the address
at which we intend to live. It is but I got the impression that it would have been no
problem to change it there and then.