Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 in London Question

I-130 in London Question

Old Aug 31st 2002, 2:16 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-130 in London Question

Hey Everyone,

We just finished our 8 millionth check of the I-130 and all that before we posted it when we decided to get an American neighbour to check it. We have put in a copy of the letter Ellen recieved from UK Immagration as proof of residence but the neighbour thinks that it should be a letter from her employer to say she is resides here. This is a case of two people reading one sentence and interpreting it differently -

What did everyone else use as proof of residence in the UK when they sent off their I-130 (wheres Roger when you need him)

Cheers

Patrick
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:10 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: I-130 in London Question

Originally posted by Patrick:
Hey Everyone,

We just finished our 8 millionth check of the I-130 and all that before we posted it when we decided to get an American neighbour to check it. We have put in a copy of the letter Ellen recieved from UK Immagration as proof of residence but the neighbour thinks that it should be a letter from her employer to say she is resides here. This is a case of two people reading one sentence and interpreting it differently -

What did everyone else use as proof of residence in the UK when they sent off their I-130 (wheres Roger when you need him)

Cheers

Patrick
We forgot to put anything in as proof of residence, since we'd put down that my wife (USC) was working in the UK. Hopefully nothing bad will come of it.
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:21 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 in London Question

Originally posted by Patrick:

<<snip>>

Cheers

Patrick
--------------------------
When my husband (USC) and I (UKC) submitted our I-130 application to the US Embassy in London, we enclsoed the following as proof of residence:
photocopies of bills in both our names. e.g. council tax, utilities bills.

Of course, the most obvious thing to submit would be a copy of the stamp in the USC's passport showing Indefinite Leave to Remain or some other similar stamp that proves legal right of residence in the UK.