British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I-130 or I-129f filers for Indian beneficiaries (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-130-i-129f-filers-indian-beneficiaries-108016/)

mdmd101 Aug 28th 2002 7:41 pm

I-130 or I-129f filers for Indian beneficiaries

Plesae note that there is an INS office in New Delhi adjusant to the US consualte.

I-130 is approved the same day. Both the petitioner and beneficiaries are requried to be present at the interview.

No appointement is required, just walk-in, pickup a phone and tell the person at the other end that you're there for I-130 interview. This person will come out and collect the petition, your wedding album and copy of your marriage certificate.--no long lines, no endless waiting. "Walk-in" literally meant walk-in. We caught the return flight back to Bombay on the same day.

You are interviewed by an INS officer and your petiiton is approved the same day. Unbelievable, but true. It happened to my wife and I, the INS officer interviewed us for 5-8 minutes, in fact in the 8 minutes we talked more about the housing market in Seattle than anything else.

My wife got a letter (package 3) from the Bombay Consulate within 21 days of the INS interview.

All info. about the INS office in on the INS website--look under INS worldwide offices menu.

People, if you're marring someone from India, this is THE fastest way to unite with your spouse.

I've metioned all of this in other postings, but want to make sure that all India filers get to see this.

Karen Aug 29th 2002 6:28 am

Re: I-130 or I-129f filers for Indian beneficiaries

Hi...you wanted to know how long the admin. review takes to complete. My husband's
family was interviewed on August 6. 2 men went to their house, which is a 6 hr. trip
from Bombay....they were only there for 15 mins and then left! Our k3 case was put on
admin. review on april 24. My husband's 1st interview was in january 2002. They
asked for more evidence and told him to come back apr. 24. He brought back the
evidence they wanted, it still wasn't good enough so they gave him admin review. I
don't want to scare you, but from my experience and others on this site, it takes at
least 4-8 months for them to complete it. Last but not least, we haven't heard a word
from them since they interviewed his family on the 6th. Who knows....maybe they want
to deny him but thought they better do everything legal, like interview the family
before they revoke it!

thomas_cook Aug 29th 2002 7:57 am

Originally posted by mdmd101:
Plesae note that there is an INS office in New Delhi adjusant to the US consualte.

I-130 is approved the same day. Both the petitioner and beneficiaries are requried to be present at the interview.

No appointement is required, just walk-in, pickup a phone and tell the person at the other end that you're there for I-130 interview. This person will come out and collect the petition, your wedding album and copy of your marriage certificate.--no long lines, no endless waiting. "Walk-in" literally meant walk-in. We caught the return flight back to Bombay on the same day.

You are interviewed by an INS officer and your petiiton is approved the same day. Unbelievable, but true. It happened to my wife and I, the INS officer interviewed us for 5-8 minutes, in fact in the 8 minutes we talked more about the housing market in Seattle than anything else.

My wife got a letter (package 3) from the Bombay Consulate within 21 days of the INS interview.

All info. about the INS office in on the INS website--look under INS worldwide offices menu.

People, if you're marring someone from India, this is THE fastest way to unite with your spouse.

I've metioned all of this in other postings, but want to make sure that all India filers get to see this.

I think this (direct consular filing) is only possible if the US citizen spouse is resident in India. Plz correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

mdmd101 Aug 29th 2002 2:38 pm

Originally posted by thomas_cook:

I think this (direct consular filing) is only possible if the US citizen spouse is resident in India. Plz correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
You're correct--that's what the website says. But all US citizens visiting India to marry their spouse qualify if they show up together at the INS.

I myself was a resident of Seattle and I have my Seattle address as my current as well as permanent address and it didn't matter.

Dhiren Patel Sep 3rd 2002 5:35 am

mdmd101 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by thomas_cook:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I think this (direct consular filing) is only possible if the US citizen spouse
    > > is resident in India. Plz correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
    > You're correct--that's what the website says. But all US citizens visiting India to
    > marry their spouse qualify if they show up together at the INS.
    > I myself was a resident of Seattle and I have my Seattle address as my current as
    > well as permanent address and it didn't matter.

Yes this is true for US citizens staying in India for 6 months or more. US citizens
not staying in India for more that 6 months can also apply, however I would consider
this as a favor and not a rule so make sure that they are are accepting these type of
applications before actually going there. You can call them before going there.