British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I-130 hell, please help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-130-hell-please-help-334611/)

basementwaj Oct 31st 2005 12:11 pm

I-130 hell, please help

Hi, i need some info and seeing as govenment agencies dont want to give you any information, i am hoping that an expat might know something...

I got married last may to an american citizen and we have been living in my house in the UK ever since.

We applied for an I-130 at the beginning of the year at the us embassy in london. They then sent our request to texas, and then on to california.

I have been watching the processing dates online and saw that they finally got to my application 2 weeks ago. BUT when i call and automated number to give me the status of my visa, it says that there is a 990 - 999 day process time for visas!

Is this true? will it take us another 3 years to move to the US?
Can someone that knows please help me with this cos im going crazy (especially as i have just sold my house and am moving into rented accom. anticipating a 3 month wait for my visa!)

w

cindyabs Oct 31st 2005 12:43 pm

Re: I-130 hell, please help

Originally Posted by basementwaj
Hi, i need some info and seeing as govenment agencies dont want to give you any information, i am hoping that an expat might know something...

I got married last may to an american citizen and we have been living in my house in the UK ever since.

We applied for an I-130 at the beginning of the year at the us embassy in london. They then sent our request to texas, and then on to california.

I have been watching the processing dates online and saw that they finally got to my application 2 weeks ago. BUT when i call and automated number to give me the status of my visa, it says that there is a 990 - 999 day process time for visas!

Can someone that knows please help me with this cos im going crazy (especially as i have just sold my house and am moving into rented accom. anticipating a 3 month wait for my visa!)

w

3 years-doubtful-but this would be better suited in this forum since it is just for marriage and fiance visas to the US.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Ray Oct 31st 2005 1:00 pm

Or www.visajourney.com

Celsius Oct 31st 2005 1:02 pm

w

As Cindyabs wrote, the most useful forum is the US Marriage Based one.

Where did you get the idea that you'd have to wait only 3 months for the visa?

basementwaj Oct 31st 2005 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
As Cindyabs wrote, the most useful forum is the US Marriage Based one.

Where did you get the idea that you'd have to wait only 3 months for the visa?

It was on one of these expats websites.. I was told that from the time the US accept and start to process the visa it will take just 3 months to be approved.

I have also been told this by people i know that moved to the us a few years ago... im guessing i have been fed bad info. i have reposted this question in the other forum.

many thanks

Celsius Oct 31st 2005 1:16 pm

It was on one of these expats websites.. I was told that from the time the US accept and start to process the visa it will take just 3 months to be approved.

I have also been told this by people i know that moved to the us a few years ago... im guessing i have been fed bad info. i have reposted this question in the other forum.

many thanks

The info you receive in response to your posts is only as good as the info you provide. Bear that in mind...

basementwaj Oct 31st 2005 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
The info you receive in response to your posts is only as good as the info you provide. Bear that in mind...

Thats fair enough, when did you move to the us? where did you move from?

robskatie Oct 31st 2005 2:54 pm

Thats fair enough, when did you move to the us? where did you move from?

From application to visa for us on a I-130 DCF took almost 6 months, as I understand it this was fairly quick, we had also been married for 3 years before we applied, not sure if this makes any difference at all, this waiting time was about the same for my girlfriend also. Good luck!

basementwaj Oct 31st 2005 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by robskatie
From application to visa for us on a I-130 DCF took almost 6 months, as I understand it this was fairly quick, we had also been married for 3 years before we applied, not sure if this makes any difference at all, this waiting time was about the same for my girlfriend also. Good luck!

well, fingers crossed then... i sent my I-130 in march (they received it march 30th) and they have just passed that date on the service centre processing dates. Do you have a rough idea from here for timings of the process (seeing as the useful information line says 990 - 999 days! ha)

w

Ray Oct 31st 2005 3:21 pm

Sound more like a K-3 than a DCF case....

robskatie Oct 31st 2005 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Ray

S'cuse my ignorance but why??

basementwaj Oct 31st 2005 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ray

sorry,i may be really dumb here... but i thought an i 130 was a spouce non immigrant visa and a k 3 had something to do with fiancee's?

is that correct?

robskatie Oct 31st 2005 3:26 pm

well, fingers crossed then... i sent my I-130 in march (they received it march 30th) and they have just passed that date on the service centre processing dates. Do you have a rough idea from here for timings of the process (seeing as the useful information line says 990 - 999 days! ha)

w

I really have no idea on time frames, my application was 3 years ago so I am sure things have changed by now, you will probably get more help from the forums that have been shown by other posters for you.

cindyabs Oct 31st 2005 3:27 pm

many thanks

That 3 month timeframe could have been accurate for someone who went through VSC-K1s and 130s seem to (in the past anyway) have flown through there. BUT that still doesn't take into account the time for NVC to do their thing AND someone recently said that London was taking a looooooooong time on their end.

basementwaj Oct 31st 2005 3:28 pm

I really have no idea on time frames, my application was 3 years ago so I am sure things have changed by now, you will probably get more help from the forums that have been shown by other posters for you.

yeah thanks..... i have posted in the other area and have got 1 reply... but the night is still young (and dark already here in london!)
thanks for your posts, they have been helpful