Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 & G325A mistake?

I-130 & G325A mistake?

Old Sep 13th 2002, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 & G325A mistake?

This is fitting for Friday the 13th I suppose...

I just happened to be looking over the photocopies of the paperwork we submitted for our G325A forms with our I-130 application we sent in on Sept 3 (week & a half ago) and I noticed that we didn't fill in the big outlined box at the bottom that asks for NAME & ALIEN REGISTRATION #!!

I have no idea how I missed it considering how I went over the damn forms a million times!! I think my brain assumed this was to be filled out by INS once they received it... like "for office use only" type fields... since we don't have Alien Reg #'s, but then I realized it said "Applicant Please Complete"

HELP... what should I do? Should I just fill them all out again and send them in with a letter explaining or wait and see if they send me something? or hope they fill it in themselves?

I'm so frustrated... if this delays being able to apply for my K-3 visa... I am going to be very upset at myself!!

Thanks for any help!
Old Sep 13th 2002, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: I-130 & G325A mistake?

I found a similar post from last August but when I tried to contact the person that posted it to see what the outcome was, it said they don't have a profile anymore...

I know there are lots of you out there with lots of helpful info!! Please help if you have any advice to offer... thanks!

Originally posted by Susie:
This is fitting for Friday the 13th I suppose...

I just happened to be looking over the photocopies of the paperwork we submitted for our G325A forms with our I-130 application we sent in on Sept 3 (week & a half ago) and I noticed that we didn't fill in the big outlined box at the bottom that asks for NAME & ALIEN REGISTRATION #!!

I have no idea how I missed it considering how I went over the damn forms a million times!! I think my brain assumed this was to be filled out by INS once they received it... like "for office use only" type fields... since we don't have Alien Reg #'s, but then I realized it said "Applicant Please Complete"

HELP... what should I do? Should I just fill them all out again and send them in with a letter explaining or wait and see if they send me something? or hope they fill it in themselves?

I'm so frustrated... if this delays being able to apply for my K-3 visa... I am going to be very upset at myself!!

Thanks for any help!
Old Sep 14th 2002, 12:38 am
Mdudall

>I noticed that we didn't fill in the big outlined box at the bottom that asks for
    >NAME & ALIEN REGISTRATION #!!

>since we don't have Alien Reg #'s, but then I realized it said "Applicant Please
    >Complete"

>HELP... what should I do? Should I just fill them all out again and send them in
    >with a letter explaining or wait and see if they send me something? or hope they
    >fill it in themselves?

Susie, this is just my best guess here, but I'll bet you will be OK. The G-325A forms
do have your and your husband's info in all of the other areas of the forms, and they
should be able to figure out what the G-325A's have been filed in conjunction with.
My guess, and again its a guess, is that they will write in that information for you
if they really want it or require it to be there.

Of course I could be flat out wrong, and some things INS has problems with sometimes
surprise me.

Once you get a receipt notice with a service center number, perhaps you could send
them new G-325A's and give a copy of the receipt notice so they can try to line them
up with your file. But again, my "guess" is that will likely not be a big deal.

Good luck, Matthew Udall Attorney

Old Sep 14th 2002, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much Matthew!

Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear. I figured it would be a good idea to wait for the NOA (if it comes) so that if I do resend them then I can reference that case file #... and common sense would tell them (hopefully) that they can just copy the name that is on ALL the forms... the only reason they wouldn't would to be intentionally ridiculous not to mention bitter....

I can't tell you how much better you've made me feel... my stomach has been in knots all day thinking about this stupid mistake that I made.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Mdudall:
    >I noticed that we didn't fill in the big outlined box at the bottom that asks for
    >NAME & ALIEN REGISTRATION #!!

>since we don't have Alien Reg #'s, but then I realized it said "Applicant Please
    >Complete"

>HELP... what should I do? Should I just fill them all out again and send them in
    >with a letter explaining or wait and see if they send me something? or hope they
    >fill it in themselves?

Susie, this is just my best guess here, but I'll bet you will be OK. The G-325A forms
do have your and your husband's info in all of the other areas of the forms, and they
should be able to figure out what the G-325A's have been filed in conjunction with.
My guess, and again its a guess, is that they will write in that information for you
if they really want it or require it to be there.

Of course I could be flat out wrong, and some things INS has problems with sometimes
surprise me.

Once you get a receipt notice with a service center number, perhaps you could send
them new G-325A's and give a copy of the receipt notice so they can try to line them
up with your file. But again, my "guess" is that will likely not be a big deal.

Good luck, Matthew Udall Attorney