Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in London & ADIT photographs

I-130 filing in London & ADIT photographs

Old Dec 15th 2001, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife (USA Citizen) and I are just about to start the process of obtaining a VISA for myself by doing Direct Consular Filing at the London INS/Embassy.

My question is, has anyone got any experience of the type of photograph that is required?

Will I be able to send a normal English passport photograph (person looking directly into the camera) or MUST it be according to the ADIT specification (3/4 face with right ear visible)?

Finally I read somewhere that you must not wear glasses in the photograph. can anyone confirm this.

Anyone got a link to a INS page with details.

Thanks
Old Dec 15th 2001, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bwelburn
Hi,

Will I be able to send a normal English passport photograph (person looking directly into the camera) or MUST it be according to the ADIT specification (3/4 face with right ear visible)?

Finally I read somewhere that you must not wear glasses in the photograph. can anyone confirm this.

Brian,

The ADIT photo is what they want and that is what you have to give them. The UK format is NOT what they want and your application is most likely to be rejected if you try and use the UK format. On the day of my interview, one guy was told to go and have them redone by 12 noon "or else"...

When you get either the packet 2 or 3 (can't remember which it was in for my K-1 application) from the embassy, they include a full description of what they want. Just show this to any decent photographer or try yourself in one of those DIY passport photo machines... easy.

If you get confused or worried over this, about 100 yards up from the embassy going towards Oxford Street, there is a shop that knows all about the ADIT style photos and will do them. It's a pharmacy, next door to a coffee shop/cafe.

The photo machine inside the embassy is not going to produce pics in the right size (why is it there??), and there is a sign up telling you not to use it!

Take care.

Brian.
Old Dec 15th 2001, 3:34 pm
Betastar

On 15 Dec 2001 08:40:29 -0500, bwelburn <[email protected]> spake:

>
    >

You should not wear glasses, and be sure that your ear shows fully (no hair over it)
They want nothing obscuring your face, basically.

You can see the specifications at:

http://k1.exit.com/aditspec.pdf

Betastar

Old Dec 15th 2001, 6:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Is it safe to assume that your USC wife has proper leave to reside in England? If not, then you can't do DCF there but have to go the I-130 route first through the US with a possible K-3 to hasten the process.

Rita
Old Dec 16th 2001, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no need to fret about the photos. The INS in London can send you the ADIT specification with the forms, or you can download it. All you need to do is take the spec to a photographer and they will take photos meeting the specs. It's not even that expensive - when I had it done, it was £7 for 4 photos.