Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in London & ADIT photograph

I-130 filing in London & ADIT photograph

Old Dec 15th 2001, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife (USA Citizen) and I are just about to start the process of obtaining a VISA for myself by doing Direct Consular Filing at the London INS/Embassy.

My question is, has anyone got any experience of the type of photograph that is required?

Will I be able to send a normal English passport photograph (person looking directly into the camera) or MUST it be according to the ADIT specification (3/4 face with right ear visible)?

Finally I read somewhere that you must not wear glasses in the photograph. can anyone confirm this.

Anyone got a link to a INS page with details.

Thanks
Old Dec 19th 2001, 2:58 pm
Malcolm C Black

Hi! Photographs have to be in a strict format it seems. We received a sheet detailing
the exact specifications after we had had our photographs taken and we then had to
have then retaken. The sheet stated (in red capitals!) NO EYEGLASSES. Even though
previous info said no dark eyeglasses. Definitely three quarter view showing right
ear and left eye. Glossy or matte finish and unretouched. We found this expensive. I
seem to recall that jewellery was not acceptable either. All details on Form M-378
(6-92) Good luck. [email protected]

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Dec 19th 2001, 4:40 pm
Tennesseebiker

I got my photo's done at my local chemist. 4 polaroid type passport pics for a fiver
i think it was. Good luck with your visa, it took 10 months for mine, my wife went to
her congressman in the end- 2 weeks later i was on my way to Tennessee! Garry.