Reload this Page >

I-130/ DS 3032 received

I-130/ DS 3032 received

Old Oct 7th 2002, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

beershake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130/ DS 3032 received

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that I just received the Agent CHoice Letter from the NVC re our I-130 application. For those of you out there waiting: We received it exactly 1 month after our approval date. It says that after we mail this in, we should receive Packet 3 within 4-6 weeks.

My question is:
Is it advisable to give a Canada address? They strongly recommend using a US address, but I don't really have anyone in the US that I can trust with this. I would like to receive it myself at my Canada address. So far we have received everything fine, so I think it's OK.

Any suggestions? Should I give a US address or do you think Canada is OK?

Thanks alot in advance.

Timeline:
Married: Feb 9, 2002
Sent I-130 to NSC:March 9, 2002
1st NOA:
Old Oct 7th 2002, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

beershake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130/ DS 3032 received

Here''s the rest of my timeline: (pressed tab and it sent by mistake)

1st NOA: March 21, 2002
Approval: Sept 6, 2002
DS3032 received: Oct 7, 2002
Old Oct 7th 2002, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my approval aug 14th 2002 and i still havent received anything from the NVC, i wonder why that is? well i'll give it a few more weeks and then inquire, but thanks for the post it gives me a guideline
Old Oct 8th 2002, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

PRESIDENT is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that packet 3 can be mailed to the petitioner or a 3rd part such as an attorney. If you are in Canada, you should hav eno problems getting packet 3 in Canada. The entire packet 3 forms can be downloaded from NVC, if you want to get a jumostart on filling them. The only relevant item in the packet 3 is the barcoded sticker with case # that is needed to file the application with the consulate

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
i got my approval aug 14th 2002 and i still havent received anything from the NVC, i wonder why that is? well i'll give it a few more weeks and then inquire, but thanks for the post it gives me a guideline